Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat's the function of Tier2 buildings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ector View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the function of Tier2 buildings?
    Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 05:41
"The Foreign Office provides a 10% increase per building level in diplomatic visibility range" - what is the "diplomatic visibility range"? Does it increase only in this city or in all your cities?
The same question about all Tier2 military & diplomatic buildings. If they work only for the city where they're built, then the city should have MASSIVE army to justify their upkeep. If they work for all cities, then it may be worth the upkeep...
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 07:01
Only where built.  Diplo visibility is what you otherwise get by the consulate level + "inquisitive populace", so if you're now at 10 squares (example) +10% would yield 11 squares for a "red alert".  

Disclaimer, the only T2 building I've built so far is for architects, they eat a lot (=> I spend more food and get more taxes) and reduce the building time significantly (at medium levels 10% faster could mean 18h instead of 20h).
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 07:31
I haven't built the troop cost reduction buildings either, but they can be beneficial.  I think with two buildings at level 20, you can field 1.8 times as many troops for the same cost in gold -- something like that.  They might not be something you build in every city, but you could have a supermassive cav army in one city that could be used to defend multiple cities in a cluster or alliance, for example.
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 16:35
Between all my cities(9) I am saving ~75K an hour in unit upkeep costs and that is still a far cry from my calculated capacity.

I also find the Chancery of Estate a worthwhile investment as long as the specialized unit/production of the city does not require clay(i.e. spears).

Ector View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 22:18
Originally posted by Anjire Anjire wrote:

Between all my cities(9) I am saving ~75K an hour in unit upkeep costs and that is still a far cry from my calculated capacity.
How many soldiers do you have? Shocked

Quote I also find the Chancery of Estate a worthwhile investment as long as the specialized unit/production of the city does not require clay(i.e. spears).
Again, how many sov squares do you need to make the Chancery worthwhile?
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 22:55
I am glad to see i am not only one that belives in Chancery of Estate :)

< id="gwProxy" ="">< jscode="leoInternalChangeDone" ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Raritor View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 01:42
I have chancery of states in most of my cities, and i will have in all. Maybe it seems small benefit (and it's not too much), but it's enough to claim more and further squares. Once you reach a certain size it's the only way to grow a little bit more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic