Topic Closed"Gifting" Prestige

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nietzsche View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Gifting" Prestige
    Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 04:07
Pretty self explanatory subject.  It would be cool to be able to "gift" prestige to other players.  I know I have a buddy that is playing that I don't think would be willing to drop a couple bucks on prestige.  But if I were able to give him a bit of a taste of how nice having prestige is (beyond what you start with) , perhaps he'd be more apt to buy some when he runs out.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 04:13
Originally posted by Nietzsche Nietzsche wrote:

Pretty self explanatory subject.  It would be cool to be able to "gift" prestige to other players.  I know I have a buddy that is playing that I don't think would be willing to drop a couple bucks on prestige.  But if I were able to give him a bit of a taste of how nice having prestige is (beyond what you start with) , perhaps he'd be more apt to buy some when he runs out.

Hi Nietzsche,

You can (currently) purchase prestige for other players if you are a sitter on their account, if that helps!  You can't spend their prestige (whilst sitting) but you *can* buy prestige for them to spend, whilst you're logged in as a sitter.

Having said that, I quite like the idea of gifting prestige to accounts - so long as it isn't "free" prestige: otherwise you can imagine that people will create X accounts and then gift their 25 starting prestige to one account...

But, all-in-all, a good idea I feel, and I'll run it past the rest of the dev team for thoughts about implementation.

Best,

SC

Leungarific View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 05:24
Would it also be possible to work in some sort of mechanism to allow you to utilize your own prestige while sitting an account?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic