illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heart of corruption

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 14:31
Originally posted by zolvon zolvon wrote:

I'm Baffled, I started this years ago, have advanced to the  await the 'dread corruption rising' part, have surrounded that town through 2 or maybe 3 cycles, and nothing at all has happened. No escaped tentacles, no swift and ruinous attacks, nothing.

Speculations:

(1) Tentacles won't escape when at least one player successfully retains them within their city.  They only escape when all players fail to advance beyond this stage.  While the tentacles escaping are a sure sign of failure you also have to take the lack of action as failure as well.  I think this was added in by the DEVS later due to the 100% failure rate and it is a sign that someone(s) have progressed beyond this point.

(2) Swift and ruinous only comes to those who successfully retain tentacles.  Did those reaching this stage succeed?  I don't have that information and if someone has they haven't shared it with the community.

(3) Words matter.  Read those messages closely from the Old Crone.  As we continue to speculate it would be beneficial if you could quote directly from the Old Crone notes.  I think we are wandering too far off what is "obvious" from the text we are given.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 16:14
The "it will cost you" quote from the old crone could also be referring to having some amount of gold in the city with the tradeable tentacles and surrounding tentacles.
Or losing the town that is surrounded (although that would remove the town which has been the instigator of continuing the quest).
Hmm..
I'm almost certain that sending items into the heart is pointless. We have to trigger something else. Sending the Messenger to the location Old Crone points out is the one i am about to do myself after getting a few more elven and orc tentacles.
Anyone have those for sale? I can swap 1:1 for dwarf like Dung.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:59
If anybody cares about visiting Fortune Tellers daily changing encampments, here is an improvement on my awk routine:

BEGIN { FS ="|" ; region[1] = "Fremorn" ; region[2]="Kal Tirikan" ; region[3]="Wolgast" ; region[4]="Ursor" ; region[5]="Qarosslan" ; region[6]="Windlost" ; region[7]="Tamarin" ; region[8]="Fremorn" ; region[9]="Norweld" ; region[10]="Laoshin" ; region[11]="Ragallon" ; region[12]="Taomist" ; region[13]="Meilla" ; region[14]="Lucerna" ; region[15]="Middle Kingdom" ; region[16]="Mal Motsha" ; region[17]="Keppen" ; region[18]="Tor Carrock" ; region[19]="The Western Realms" ; region[20]="Keshalia" ; region[21]="Perrigor" ; region[22]="Kul Tar" ; region[23]="Kumala" ; region[24]="Lan Larosh" ; region[25]="Arran" ; region[26]="Turalia" ; region[27]="Zanpur" ; region[28]="Elijal" ; region[29]="Azura" ; region[30]="Keshalia" ; region[31]="OCEAN" ; region[32]="Tallimar" ; region[33]="Larn" ; region[34]="Kem" ; region[35]="Farra Isle" ; region[36]="Trome" ; region[37]="Kumala" ; region[38]="Stormstone Island" ; region[39]="Huronire" ; region[40]="Calumnex" ; region[41]="Puchuallpa" ; region[42]="Pamanyallpa" ; region[43]="Pamanyallpa" ; region[44]="Huronire" ; region[45]="Clarien" ; region[46]="Pawanallpa" ; region[47]="Chulbran" ; region[48]="The Poisoned Isle" ; region[49]="Glanhad" ; region[50]="Northmarch" ; region[51]="High Hills" ; region[52]="Huronire" ; region[53]="Oarnamly" ; region[54]="Oarnamly" ; region[55]="Kingslands" ; region[56]="Gremont" ; region[57]="Coanhara" ; region[58]="Lapo'a Lua" ; region[59]="Newlands" ; region[60]="Fellandire" ; region[61]="Aindara" ; region[62]="The Pirate Isles" ; region[63]="Silbeaur" ; region[64]="Fellandire" ; region[65]="Coanhara" ; region[66]="Vindorel" ; region[67]="Almenly" ; region[68]="Kormandly" ; region[69]="The Orken Coast" ; region[70]="Kingslands" ; region[71]="Farshards" ; region[72]="Shardlands" ; region[73]="Strendur" ; region[74]="Kumala" ; region[75]="Jurgor" ; region[76]="The Long White" ; region[77]="Jurgor" }
$9 == "157" { printf("%s\t%d\t%d",region[$11*1],$2,$3) ; print ""; }
END {  }

It returns a tab separated table of the eight encampments formatted as:
region name, X coord, Y coord

Easy to copy/paste into your fav spreadsheet, and see if any encampment can be visited in due time!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic