illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Option to recall trade units!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Option to recall trade units!!!!
    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 19:42
This is so terrible...
If you have 2 cities in different places of the planet and you play on phone, you are gonna throw your phone against the wall at some point.
That is 12 days one way... first those were cotters, ok, who needs those little buggers, but now there go my skinners. 12 days one direction. And there is NOTHiNG I can do. Not even destroy their guilds... they are out for good time period.
Ok, I can speed trade units, but that is it.

Of course, I am the absent minded person here. Falling for same thing twice, but man this is so annoying.

Some - are you sure button for over a day travel for harvesting folk?
Using messenger to get them back?
Some prestige use to insta Order them back? Happy to pay those 3 as currently for doubling speed, or even 5 if needed.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 20:20
DurcTools does colour code the various units and will even tell you the travel time but as far as I know nobody has got it working on a phone.

Can you add extensions to the browser you use on your phone?
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 20:39
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

DurcTools does colour code the various units and will even tell you the travel time but as far as I know nobody has got it working on a phone.

Can you add extensions to the browser you use on your phone?

I have never even though of checking :)
Need to check out, Durctools indeed have saved my back a couple of times on laptop.

But still think something in-game should be done. Prestige recall for cotter/skinner/miner/herbs folk?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 00:46
Agreed.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 00:58
It looks like Firefox for Android may allow Tampermonkey to run. If it doesn't then I'm afraid the only hope I can offer is that I'm trying to re-work DurcTools as an extension instead of a userscript but it will take some time.
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 04:03
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

It looks like Firefox for Android may allow Tampermonkey to run. If it doesn't then I'm afraid the only hope I can offer is that I'm trying to re-work DurcTools as an extension instead of a userscript but it will take some time.

I've had the worst luck with userscripts, they just won't run. Making a browser extension is really pretty straightforward, you almost don't need to refactor code, just add a metadata file, and rip out anything userscript-specific.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:08
Originally posted by Tink XX Tink XX wrote:

I've had the worst luck with userscripts, they just won't run. Making a browser extension is really pretty straightforward, you almost don't need to refactor code, just add a metadata file, and rip out anything userscript-specific.

I could go thar route but to be honest the code really does need to be completely re-worked. It's grown so big over the years that maintaining it is an absolute nightmare. Plus it will give me a chance to play around with web-workers which I haven't been able to do with userscripts (same domain restrictions).
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 22:01
Took Tink's advice and there is now a DurcTools Extension available on Firefox. Tried it on chrome as well but they rejected it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic