Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Phalanx [300] declares war on Aesir [Aesir].
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Phalanx [300] declares war on Aesir [Aesir].

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 19:10
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

we see The Phalanx sieging our inactives in BL. This is their PR war (aimed mainly at their own side) but its expensive. It is no secret that Aesir have lots on inactive accounts or accounts that are barely ticking over. This is actually a tactical advantage.

Even if [Aesir] is 80% inactives, presumably if we keep destroying your cities, we will come across the remaining active players at some point. Given that some of the besieged players launched troops or visibly prestige built, I would say we at least drew blood on 4 of the 11 razed cities. If you are claiming that other Aesir Broken Lands accounts are inactive, then why do they show positive build, research, and trade score growth? That smells like a farm to me, and permasat farms are worth eliminating. I wrote about that months ago in Yellow is the New Red.

I would also like to remind people about something you said on 3 October 2017:

Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

There will be a United Illyria Security Council. It will consist of the leaders of 10 alliances. The five alliances with the most towns will automatically be members - this membership may change as town numbers change. The other 5 members will be elected annually by the other alliances. The election will be performed via a forum thread. Each voting alliance will cast 1 vote per town that they own at the time of the election and may only vote for one alliance. Alliances may nominate themselves but alliances may not vote for themselves. In council votes, council members cast the number of votes for the towns they represent - either the number that voted for them or, for permanent members, their current number of towns.

At the time you wrote that proposal, Aesir was still in the top 5 alliances by number of towns. Yet here you are, in full view of the community, admitting that most Aesir towns are held by inactive accounts. Why on Earth would people agree to give you power and prestige, just because you have amassed the biggest pile of dead wood? The very notion is absurd, much like your theory that a mostly dead alliance is a "tactical advantage".
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 11:33
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

At the time you wrote that proposal, Aesir was still in the top 5 alliances by number of towns. Yet here you are, in full view of the community, admitting that most Aesir towns are held by inactive accounts. Why on Earth would people agree to give you power and prestige, just because you have amassed the biggest pile of dead wood? The very notion is absurd, much like your theory that a mostly dead alliance is a "tactical advantage".

At the time I wrote that we were sixth on the town list.

That post was to promote discussion as to what the rules should be. The post invited amendments.

Very few people observed that the worst way to be on the security council was as a permanent member. Members voted on would have much more power (the sum of the towns of the alliances that voted them on) and unlike the UNSC there would be no veto by permanent members. The sum of the towns of the 5 biggest alliances is a tiny % of the towns in Illy. Permanent members would have the advantage for the committee of providing continuity and memory.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 11:44
Originally posted by Malek Malek wrote:

You tried to push me around like you have done to small players before. Vicero comes to mind and I will ask VTX who the other one was. 

This is hilarious. Your first sentence makes it sound like this was common practice. You second sets it at a maximum of 2. I remember Vicero. He was a mercenary who sieged one of our members. I broke the siege and he sent me a bill. He kept sending me bills, adding interest. We gave him multiple chances to stop - all he had to do was say he was stopping. He refused. We killed his troops and sent fake sieges at him. He headed south. That's all there was to that story.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 23:21
Including the Hellfire [Hell] casualties because they are an outgrowth of our conflict with Aesir:

Lazarus Khan [Aesir] Masada
Lazarus Khan [Aesir] Nazareth
Tank [Hell] Knob Creek
Frances of Oz [Hell] Pair a Dice Beach
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 16:46
Wood [Hell] Wood
Wood [Hell] Wood01
Wood [Hell] Wood05
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 19:51
Darifal [Aesir] Sweet Child o' Mine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic