illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Golden Horde Landclaim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 15:47
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

Originally posted by Orcish Warlord Orcish Warlord wrote:

When you presume that Sabbathius was or is the leader of Golden Horde at any point, you are merely assuming something that is not correct.  

Originally posted by Orcish Warlord Orcish Warlord wrote:

I don't see an issue with what I wrote - you are merely interpreting it the way you want. Sabbathius was a leader. 

Contradiction or what ? 

Any further comment is superfluous.

That isn't a contradiction. You're interpreting "the" to be a synonym of "a". This is not the case. Neither is "the" the synonym of "a". While the leader can certainly be a leader within the organization, a leader does not necessarily have to be the leader.

An example: a lieutenant is the leader of a group of a subsection of a unit, but, since he reports to his leader, you can infer that they are not the leader of the unit as a whole. They are a leader in the unit, not the leader of the unit.
I am not amused.
King Sigerius View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Sigerius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 16:34
Personally tied to me? Dude are friends, get real man. Everyone in Illy has friends. If you seen my friends list you'd be declaring on everyone near you. Including yourself though doesn't feel like it.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 17:14
You still haven't explained how GH is moving unless you are account sharing as, according to you, sabbathius no longer plays.

Now, to me, a leader who's rank puts them at the top of the roster is probably the leader, otherwise, why are they at the top of the roster? Especially when said leader is the founder of the alliance and the largest player in it by quite some margin. Could you explain to me why you would place your leader anywhere but the top of your roster?
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 17:55
Originally posted by King Sigerius King Sigerius wrote:

Personally tied to me? Dude are friends, get real man. Everyone in Illy has friends. If you seen my friends list you'd be declaring on everyone near you. Including yourself though doesn't feel like it.

Really? You're gonna make this personal? 
King Sigerius View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Sigerius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 18:17
When you said it was because they are "personally tied to me" it became personal. I would break any seige on any TCol member anywhere for any reason near me no questions asked and yet you can't trust me? Who has Iron attacked ever? We have only ever been attacked yet you think Aga is out to get you. Enjoy being engulfed in "politics" you are missing out on a lot of good friends, and so am I because of bs. Lots of people including me play this game for a reason, not to spend months/years building towns, spending real money only to have them forcefully removed by someone with a crap excuse a region over. Especially when they have never done anything to wrong you.
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 18:44
Originally posted by King Sigerius King Sigerius wrote:

When you said it was because they are "personally tied to me" it became personal. I would break any seige on any TCol member anywhere for any reason near me no questions asked and yet you can't trust me? Who has Iron attacked ever? We have only ever been attacked yet you think Aga is out to get you. Enjoy being engulfed in "politics" you are missing out on a lot of good friends, and so am I because of bs. Lots of people including me play this game for a reason, not to spend months/years building towns, spending real money only to have them forcefully removed by someone with a crap excuse a region over. Especially when they have never done anything to wrong you.

You called them informal allies, which is different from RL friends imho. We don't think Aga is out to get us (lol) but he has been trash talking us in GC, and Iron is confed with Aesir. It is funny to hear this from you. I only ended up in Tcol because you insisted leaving Dlord when Belegar wouldn't take the alliance to war over a herb patch bump. 
Orcish Warlord View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orcish Warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 23:10
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

You still haven't explained how GH is moving unless you are account sharing as, according to you, sabbathius no longer plays.

Now, to me, a leader who's rank puts them at the top of the roster is probably the leader, otherwise, why are they at the top of the roster? Especially when said leader is the founder of the alliance and the largest player in it by quite some margin. Could you explain to me why you would place your leader anywhere but the top of your roster?

You should note that Sabbathius' first alliance was "The King's Men". He was not the King. And to some extent, I am not, either.

As for the moving part, stop making silly questions Eowan. When I say we will move - we will move. That is all you have to know (actually you don't have to know anything since none of this concerns you, you merely loved to jeopardize the game for everyone with a silly land claim non-sense that was nothing serious and that only Sabbathius spoke about - in a goddamn IGM few people saw - and that you loved to escalate and turn public before it could even be dealt with. Do you really think an alliance this small would try to claim an area of this size with so many powerful alliances with cities on it, for instance?).

So in the behalf of GH, I have to give you our thanks, Eowan, for being a really big troll. I just wish you could put your nose into your own matters, or in actually playing the game since your accounts have been small for ages.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 01:02
How exactly did that answer either of my questions?

How are you moving an account that cannot be moved by you when the owner is apparently absent?
This is of some relevance to me as your failure to provide a proper explanation could lead me to believe the ToS were being breached and account sharing was occurring. This would obviously be unfair to those who stick by the rules if it were to happen. Or that you have no intention of moving out of taomist and this is just a tactic for you to buy time in the hopes that aesir gets their act together and starts presenting a real threat to tcol preventing them from pushing you out of taomist for a long enough period of time for you to solidify your position.
 Just a couple of possible theories there, I'm sure there a great many others.

Why would you place the leader of an alliance anywhere but in the top spot?
The reason to put the leader anywhere but first in your alliance roster is also relevant to me as if there is a good reason, it may alter how I contact alliances in the future. 

Orcish Warlord View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orcish Warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 03:53
If I wanted to delay the exodus I would not have stated in public that I would be moving elsewhere as TCol "asked". That would make me a person of questionable reputation, and who would want to make deals with such a person?

We just didn't start moving because our cities (those that arrived) were out in a long trip and are on cooldown right now. The Town I got in Exodus hasn't arrived yet for instance.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 05:07
You still haven't said how you're going to move sabbathius's cities as he no longer plays according to you.

You also still haven't explained why the leader of an alliance might not be in the top spot of the alliance.

Lying may sully a reputation but I'd say repeatedly dodging questions that would force you to either admit a lie or appear foolish would have an similar effect. And if you aren't dodging my questions for those reasons then I can't see why.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic