illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Golden Horde Landclaim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Zenorra View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zenorra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Golden Horde Landclaim
    Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 16:35
Just to clarify, TCol has retracted their previous statements and have agreed to GH staying in Taomist. Orcish Warlord has not gotten back to me yet on what his plans will be. I want to publicly apologize to Orcish for my own misunderstandings.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 16:13
I rule by digital force. Pedantry is more of a hobby.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 14:24
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

I will sidestep the wall of text and answer your question. The reason that an uninvolved party is prodding you with questions is because the forums are a free-for-all with equal posting rights. For privacy, keep your private matters private.

Those who rule with pedantics. Die by pedantics
  • Orcish Warlord's post cannot be classified "wall of text" .
  • I believe that his post was addressed to Eowan the short and not you.
  • Forums are not a "free-for-all with equal posting rights ". They are subject to the Rules of The Game

Kind Regards Big smile
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 23:11
I thought we concluded our talks in an agreeable fashion (I understand that the end result is not what you had wished for). If you have questions regarding Tcol policy please contact us directly, instead of speculating on the forum.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 19:05
I will sidestep the wall of text and answer your question. The reason that an uninvolved party is prodding you with questions is because the forums are a free-for-all with equal posting rights. For privacy, keep your private matters private.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Orcish Warlord View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orcish Warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 17:26
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

You still haven't said how you're going to move sabbathius's cities as he no longer plays according to you.

You also still haven't explained why the leader of an alliance might not be in the top spot of the alliance.

Lying may sully a reputation but I'd say repeatedly dodging questions that would force you to either admit a lie or appear foolish would have an similar effect. And if you aren't dodging my questions for those reasons then I can't see why.

I don't see how any of this concerns you or why you keep asking these questions. You are not part of any of the interested players - you are not part of TCol leadership and you are not one of the Golden Horde leaders for example. And even if you were part of TCol leadership, I would not have to explain all of GH's internal/external/private affairs with you. Other alliances don't divulge all of their deals in public, I don't know why I should either. But I will try to tell you what I can.

The account formerly known as Sabbathius is no longer even named Sabbathius and that in itself already says something. 350 prestige doesn't come cheap. Maybe the person you knew as Sabbathius was never truly the owner of the account and merely a sitter. Who knows? The variables are many as you can see Eowan, but you decide to point your finger towards the most questionable ones. Please, do not do that.

As for why the leader of an alliance is not on the top of the member list... It can be because of many reasons. Maybe he wants to remain in secret? Maybe he is not even in the alliance? Or maybe both? Maybe even for another reason? I already answered all of your questions as much as I could in previous posts, so I will tell you to read them again. Just don't ask the same question over and over again because you are bound to get the same answer.

I don't really know how Sabbathius might have annoyed the wrong parties. I heard TCol's version but I wonder how much damage Sabbathius really caused on the 4 days he was in their alliance and I was never given any solid proof, evidence or a list of amount of damage caused in detail. I honestly doubt he was given that many resources given his size and the short time span he was in their alliance (he never got past his first city on the account that was on TCol for instance). All of this to say, I do not really understand the entire drama. The newbie being attacked only lost 3k population and was given more than enough compensation from me for any damage that was done. The person you knew as Sabbathius is no longer around (in Golden Horde, at least), and I already said we will never make any landclaim in Taomist. Apparently this is not enough, and GH is being evicted out of Taomist based on a few IGMs and perhaps some private chats with a person that is no longer around (in Golden Horde at least as I already said). Very vague evidence/facts in my eyes and what annoys me the most is that TCol only made their statement (that they do not want us in Taomist) recently after so much money was poured into our accounts and on terraforming many spots. GH spent more than 400 million easily merely on terraforms (if we consider each terraform costs 25m, which was not always the case), not to mention the compensation to the newbie (which in total was over 100m) or even the prestige I already spent in my own account or the prestige that was spent on the account now known as Farming Simulator. We are easily speaking of more than 800m. Not to mention time. All wasted without any gain or purpose. Supposedly because of mere assumptions (which are all false) and you, my dear Eowan, are partly to blame (you are only giving strength to assumptions and making life difficult to everyone in GH - those that decided to continue playing after this entire drama, that is - it is hard to continue playing after all the time and resources you spent end up being for nothing).

And, theorically speaking, even if GH claimed all of Taomist, I don't see why this would annoy TCol. TCol itself already claimed Mal Motsha so I don't see why they don't like Land Claims. Perhaps they do like Land Claims, but they have their own plans for Taomist? Remains to be seen.

Regardless of what happens to Taomist, the remaining active members of the Golden Horde will move. That is a fact. But don't come and use the person you knew as Sabbathius as a scapegoat to evict Golden Horde out of Taomist in order to save face in the eyes of the community.

I already offered my deepest apologies to the newbie being harrased by the person you knew as Sabbathius (not to mention compensation), and I would like to offer my deepest apologies to any insult Sabbathius might have made against TCol, but that's all I can do. I was never given exact details or proof. But whatever the damage Sabbathius caused to TCol, that is nothing compared to the money that GH already invested on it's currents assets and the damage TCol is causing to the GH by forcing us to move. Which is pretty close to a billion or over it. GH is a new alliance that didn't have time to grow or establish itself and is in no way able to defend itself from TCol, but while other alliances like pTory cared about a newbie that barely played the game, no one seems to care about what is being done to GH when it involves a powerful entity like TCol. It is a very curious thing in my eyes.

I am not trying to mount an insurrection against TCol, so please, do not misunderstand me. I am just very annoyed at the current situation and the amount of money and time that was already put into Taomist, specially after we had spoken with several influential TCol members that told us Zenorra and TCol leadership were very nice people and that we could work a deal or 2 together, but instead of a deal or 2 we are evicted after investing so many resources and are being the target of multiple diplo actions, including theft (harmless actions Grom said a day or 2 ago). Perhaps Zenorra is in posession of information I am not aware of or this is an entire misunderstanding. Perhaps something else. I just wish things could have worked out differently. If TCol had an issue with GH settling in the Taomist, I don't see why they only bothered to tell us to move now, after we spent so many resources as I said.

Some members of GH that abandoned recently told us (back when Sabbathius sent those IGMs about a LC) that they had been in contact with TCol leadership and that TCol didn't really care if we claimed Taomist or not, but then all of a sudden (a few days ago) things changed. I didn't see the IGMs or the private chat that took place, but that was what transpired in AC (that TCol was fine with us regardless of our actions, back when Sabbathius sent the IGMs). We were not really trying to claim Taomist, we were checking our neighbours' opinions and trying to fix the mess Sabbathius put GH into. From all our neighbours, TCol seemed to be the one that cared less for any action we ended up taking.

------------

Short version:
1º The person you usually refer as Sabbathius is no longer around and I apologize for any actions he might have taken that were badly seen or that might have annoyed someone
2º I am very annoyed for investing close to a billion of gold into Taomist for nothing
3º I do not really understand TCol's actions (the first Sabbathius, the player with human race, was in TCol for only 4 days - how much harm can a guy do in 4 days only, specially a player that never got past his first city?). And why do they want to evict us of the region only now? We have been in here since November or something like that and they never cared about any possible LC (which was never in our to-do list), why do they care now?
4º I do not know why you keep beating a dead horse eowan asking the same questions over and over again
5º Golden Horde members will move elsewhere and probably disband after this entire drama, as I am fairly tired of this mess (some members left GH, or even abandoned the accounts, when you started posting these things on the public forum Eowan, and some have become inactive after TCol's request, so less than half members are still actively playing and I have to aplaud the ones responsible regardless of their justified or unjustified actions).
6º I wish things could have been handled differently. I am not really blaming anyone here, but hey, couldn't we use a bit more common sense and diplomacy? You are being just as good as the guy (the one you knew as Sabbathius) you are complaining about. Can't you put yourselves in my shoes?

Thanks for the attention and forgive me the lengthy post.
Orcish Warlord
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 06:02
Well, I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition....

Edited by Mafro - 10 Feb 2018 at 06:04
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 05:07
You still haven't said how you're going to move sabbathius's cities as he no longer plays according to you.

You also still haven't explained why the leader of an alliance might not be in the top spot of the alliance.

Lying may sully a reputation but I'd say repeatedly dodging questions that would force you to either admit a lie or appear foolish would have an similar effect. And if you aren't dodging my questions for those reasons then I can't see why.

Orcish Warlord View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orcish Warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 03:53
If I wanted to delay the exodus I would not have stated in public that I would be moving elsewhere as TCol "asked". That would make me a person of questionable reputation, and who would want to make deals with such a person?

We just didn't start moving because our cities (those that arrived) were out in a long trip and are on cooldown right now. The Town I got in Exodus hasn't arrived yet for instance.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 01:02
How exactly did that answer either of my questions?

How are you moving an account that cannot be moved by you when the owner is apparently absent?
This is of some relevance to me as your failure to provide a proper explanation could lead me to believe the ToS were being breached and account sharing was occurring. This would obviously be unfair to those who stick by the rules if it were to happen. Or that you have no intention of moving out of taomist and this is just a tactic for you to buy time in the hopes that aesir gets their act together and starts presenting a real threat to tcol preventing them from pushing you out of taomist for a long enough period of time for you to solidify your position.
 Just a couple of possible theories there, I'm sure there a great many others.

Why would you place the leader of an alliance anywhere but in the top spot?
The reason to put the leader anywhere but first in your alliance roster is also relevant to me as if there is a good reason, it may alter how I contact alliances in the future. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic