illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RE vs. IRON War Stats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 15:07
Originally posted by SPQR SPQR wrote:

Rashidi reduced the Populations of his own town from 12k to 5k

No, at Nikos he reduced it from 24k to 12k. The siege train reduced it from 12k to 5k.

that tactic allowed him to kill multiple Iron sieges that were launched against him.

Incorrect, Rashidi killed one Iron siege, as I listed in my post above.

Fact check or provide evidence before you post please.

Edited by Hyde - 07 Apr 2018 at 15:07
SPQR View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPQR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 15:44
Originally posted by Hyde Hyde wrote:

Rashidi reduced the Populations of his own town from 12k to 5k

No, at Nikos he reduced it from 24k to 12k. The siege train reduced it from 12k to 5k.

that tactic allowed him to kill multiple Iron sieges that were launched against him.

Incorrect, Rashidi killed one Iron siege, as I listed in my post above.

Fact check or provide evidence before you post please.

Oh, So forced recalls are not part of the war score board? Hilarious LOLLOL I guess you guys only count it in when it suits you guys.  Any further questions regarding the war can go to Jaxie Or Patience king Smile we have better things to do than go on the forums to present an illusion.
Ruarc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 16:06
Thanks for clarifying that siege train stuff Hyde. An expensive, but interesting and clearly successful tactic to taking a city down. 

Looking forward to seeing how the war develops.
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 16:40
You recalled your sieges because of them getting smashed by stalwarts. Ours were recalled because of timing restrictions and returned wih no casulties. Bit of a difference.

If you just want everything stripped down, here it is

Iron has attempted 6 siege ops on 4 RE towns: Nikos (recalled), Armless (recalled), Zwei (recalled), Zwei again (sucessful), Fermented (sucessful), Nikos again (successful)
Razed/Captured 3

RE has attempted 6 sieges on 3 Iron towns: Hillend (recalled) Hillend again (killed during the storm), Rime berta (recalled) Rime berta again (recalled), Rime berta again (recalled), Feltree (broken)
Razed/Captured 0

Also 2 images, one taken a few days after war (Red dot was the ex Rashidi cluster - i dont have a screenshot) and one taken just now to show the changes in land and towns. Sorry for the poor quality.

Rashidi View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rashidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 18:23
Originally posted by Hyde Hyde wrote:

On the 28th of March, Iron landed a siege on Rashidi's cities in Aindara that kickstarted a week long assault, that resulted in the first razes of the RE-Iron war and Rashidi being uprooted.

It started on 28th 10:11, with myself and Spektor landing a double siege on Zwei, with a siege train planned to be executed as soon as bombardment began. Rashidi reacted harshly to this, using his entire offensive arsenal of 230k fangs and 20k cavalry to break my siege and later hit the blockade (which was established apon bombardment). Once the siege train hit, it was 32 pop off the raze target. This proved that Rashidi's reaction was correct in breaking my siege, as my siege's bombardment would have pushed it over raze pop.

As some RE swiftsteeds started to arrive at Spektor's remaining siege on 29th 00:38, and we saw more RE cavalry inbound, combined
With Rashidi's effective building had easily kept the city away from raze pop - the recall was ordered.

However, the blockade remained with the city around 1,600 pop. We knew that another siege train would toast the city with it being so small, with that factor paired with RE cavalry in motion, the decision was made to turn the armies back around as soon as they returned home.

So on the 31st of March 4:27 Spektor landed another siege on Zwei with a second landing 17:40. As bombardments started, Rashidi made excellent use of a vault to keep building through each bombardment. As he dragged the siege out, we started to get hit by RE t1 cav but continued and held strong. A couple of hours before the end, we got hit with the first t2 cav army of the siege - jaxie's 21k knights. Then finally, after a 44h siege on April 2nd 00:55 ...

Zwei, belonging to Rashidi which was located at -693|-2366 has been razed by Spektor.

But during the Zwei siege we took full opportunity of the confusion and pressure and launched against a second city with a quad siege. So on 1st of April 21:28, I landed 3 sieges and King Sigerius landed 2 around Fermented Elf Wine. This siege took 19h and on April 2nd 16:39...

Fermented Elf Wine, belonging to Rashidi which was located at -704|-2361 has been captured by Hyde. [Now residing as Reclaimed Fine Elven Wine]

At this point Rashidi had begun a full evacuation into Westmarch. So we repeated the quad siege with Spektor's armies taking 18h, and on April 4th 21:31...

Nikos, belonging to Rashidi which was located at -699|-2365 has been razed by Spektor.

A huge commendation to Rashidi for the fight he was able to put up on Zwei and on his blockade breaking to evacuate from Aindara

Congratulations to IRON for a well executed operation and hard fought victory.  This was a long time coming, and sparring with IRON has been the most fun I've had in this game for a very long time!

Thanks to the rest of RE, whose support allowed me to hold them off for this long.

Now onto the next phase of this war :)
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:18
Good read. Well done both sides. I picked up some new tactics there. Smile
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 20:46
RE have been desperately trying to remove a few Iron towns in RE's land claim 

Travis and Horizontal Bob tried to raze Humulus Lupulus' Centennial on the 28th of April, which was quickly killed by Spektor's and Ppjotr's T1 cavalry. That was the second time that Centennial has been under siege, with PK and OOMONKEYO trying previously on the 14th of February. 

Then on the 29th, jaxie landed a double siege on Armour's Madyaas, which was followed nine hours later by PK landing two more sieges and Empress Zenobia landing another two sieges. Armour joined Iron after accidentally settling in RE's land claim. RE had sent attacks and blockades to the city before attempting communication with Armour, so Iron offered to protect him against RE and accepted him into our ranks. Due to Iron's fast reactions not one siege made it past its 3rd bombardment, with some not even making it to bombardment. 

Then on the 6th of May, spiceandtoby felt he could succeed where PK, OOMONKEYO, Travis and Horizontal Bob had failed, by setting up a new siege on Centennial. It was killed by William the same day.
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 01:12
On May 10th, Iron had a siege due to land on one of RE's leaders, jaxie. The city was Bulfontein and was surrounded by large hills.

But jaxie exo'd away from the siege 4 hours before it landed.

Bulfontein was moved only a short distance away to a more defensible position on a small forest surrounded by plains, and Iron reinforcements left with only 3k RE sentinels touching the siege square.

It seems RE leadership is running from the firing line. What ever happened to the generals leading from the front, setting the example?

Also what happened to RE being "an alliance on the offensive", or did you class the farce at Armour/Humulus as one?

Edited by Hyde - 13 May 2018 at 01:13
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 03:15
How many times have your own leaders removed cities from bad positions due to incoming sieges?

There is no particular leadership virtue that requires wasting alliance troops on unfavorable battles. A badly positioned city can be fixed with a simple exodus. A refusal to do that is stubbornness, not leadership. The armies of an alliance are far more valuable than any particular city; cities in this game are easily rebuilt or replaced.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:25
In this war no member of Iron leadership have moved a city due to an incoming siege. The only exodus was by Tank and that was his personal decision due to him being worn from the previous war he faced in Pawa, which we respected.

If you are in a leadership position of a war alliance it is highly likely you will be targeted, simply because there is more glory from razing a leader. I believe a good leader should be ready for that, placing cities accordingly. They could choose non plains terrain neighbouring a town, showing a confident challenge of "Come siege me". The other angle is to have all plains surrounded to get rid of any chance of a siege lasting, showing more of a "I'm untouchable" attitude.

Leadership defending against a siege proves their own skill, you could say legitimising their right to lead a military alliance.

That is why I felt the Bulfontein exodus to be a little cheap. It's true that there would have been high casulties but in a siege there is an exchange of troops from both sides, with there being more factors than just terrain deciding which side suffers the worst.

As for armies being worth more than cities, it is something I am on the fence about. Again, there are too many factors and it would vary case by case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic