illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sindicate v. Assorted Elgea based Alliances

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
Author
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 04:39
Day 31. Major losses taken by the Grand Alliance, with a drop of 6 members, 80 towns, and over 1.2 million population since yesterday's update. That's a loss of 2.7% of their towns and 2.4% of their population in roughly 24 hours. Nearly all these losses are confined to Storm, HoMa, and to a lesser extent TEA, and seem to be driven by players exiting those alliances.

Meanwhile, 300 appears to be suffering notable losses of it's own (albeit at a much smaller scale), with a drop of 3 towns (5% of total) and 15k population (2%) over the same time period.

Insights welcome!

Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 05:17
Originally posted by Mafro Mafro wrote:

Meanwhile, 300 appears to be suffering notable losses of it's own (albeit at a much smaller scale), with a drop of 3 towns (5% of total) and 15k population (2%) over the same time period.

That was due to a repositioning of our mobile battle group.

Several weeks ago, we made a 14 city incursion into southern Elgea. Seven players sent two weaponized cities each. After considerable resistance on the Tallimar beachhead (codename: Omaha), we broke an enemy siege against Tinkinator, then scored a legendary raze against EE, and drove off another two 20000+ pop cities. We repositioned our forward cities for another strike, but unfortunately EE removed two 20000+ pop cities from the jungles, and shifted a smaller town to block a mountain adjacent to a fourth legendary (Nordic N0.07).

At that point, the shock had apparently worn off. We were deep in enemy territory with over 200 hostile cities in striking distance. Unbow besieged two forward positions. My support outpost of Thermopylae was destroyed. Kopis was extracted under heavy fire; Lake Black strolled out unscathed. However, these battles gave us time to reposition the Turalia primary cluster (codename: Waterloo) of the mobile battle group. The fleet is now regrouping in friendly territory, preparing for our next set of battles.

It was a very exciting adventure. Easily the most Illyriad fun I've in years, probably since the SIN-Unbow war. It has been a long time since anyone fought toe-to-toe with us, and I haven't lost a war wagon since the SIN-TUF war. I was particularly interested to see the enemy attempt a settlement directly adjacent to Kopis, apparently in an effort to provide siege support. It was challenging trying to keep those forward positions alive so far out from the main battle group, which was in turn 2000 squares from our homeland in Fellandire.

We chased off 4 legendary EE cities, razed 1 legendary, and lost a war wagon, before retreating in a barrage of a couple million enemy troops. We invaded to fight EE, and encountered an old enemy (Unbow) and new enemies. The fighting was non-stop, there probably wasn't a day on the front lines that I didn't have dozens of incoming from all ranges. Most of them little elites, but still exciting stuff. I'm sure it will become a Warmongering in Illyriad article when I have spare time. I really hope our adversaries enjoyed the clashes as much as we did. In the heat of battle, besieged on both sides, I told my team, "Days like this are why I play the game."

What does that mean statistically? Hard to say. When we weaponize cities, we reposition and risk them in a way that's completely different than permanent cities. At our roster size, that will cause a lot of population drops and city moves (as a percentage, anyway), but that's typically the start or finish of fighting, not really permanent asset growth or destruction. It more indicates that we are deploying forces or bringing them back, since weaponized cities (a.k.a. war wagons) are really more like complex soldiers or battle machines, which are themselves carriers of other units. You might view it more as the U.S. moving a fleet around the oceans, completely with carriers, destroyers, aircraft, reconnaissance, support ships, supply tenders.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 05:22
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

That was due to a repositioning of our mobile battle group.

Fascinating insights, Ten Kulch...thanks for sharing!
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 05:27
Originally posted by Mafro Mafro wrote:

Major losses taken by the Grand Alliance, with a drop of 6 members, 80 towns, and over 1.2 million population since yesterday's update. That's a loss of 2.7% of their towns and 2.4% of their population in roughly 24 hours. Nearly all these losses are confined to Storm, HoMa, and to a lesser extent TEA, and seem to be driven by players exiting those alliances.

I just wanted to comment on this particular point. You can't really infer anything like that on a day-to-day basis. During a war, sometimes accounts hop between alliances within a coalition. It's the moving average that's probably relevant.

Even so, many Grand Alliance rosters have loads of inactive accounts. If they kick a dead account, or a non-fighter sneaks out the back door, that probably means nothing for the overall war effort. There's no real statistic that tracks the movement of core players. By the numbers, a core fighter surrendering looks the same as a gold farm fleeing to a training alliance, but strategically the effect is a magnitude apart.

If someone had a script to track who actually left or joined, that would make it much easier to provide insightful commentary.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 05:42

I just wanted to comment on this particular point. You can't really infer anything like that on a day-to-day basis. 

There was no inference in my post, just a reading of stats. When I say "losses taken by the Grand Alliance", I'm literally just referring to the decrease in the sum of Members, Towns, and Population across all the alliances that are being tracked as a part of the GA.

I don't mean to imply that those cities were destroyed, those players driven to surrender, or anything of the like...I have no insights into the actions or reasons behind the stats, just the stats themselves. Thankfully, sometimes those that do have insights share them. ;)

During a war, sometimes accounts hop between alliances within a coalition. It's the moving average that's probably relevant.

I agree, and only called these losses out because there was no gain in any other alliances being tracked as part of GA to offset the losses. It's entirely possible these players are continuing the fight from another alliance or from no alliance...or not.
Elmindra View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elmindra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 15:09
Another thing to note is that even with a war ongoing there is a bit of action from all sides in the tournament that just started.  I would expect some of the alliance movement is due to regional localities taking or losing members in order to strategically hold or compete for certain tournament sqrs.
Shellarose View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shellarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 00:45
Just my opinion, but I was at a loss when I started back since my divorce.  I haven't played durin it, (had a sitter)...but yet, since I have been back, this "Sindicate, 300, Ta2in, and Loki have been bullying people and instigatin problems and this game has never been the same.  The "Older Illy" is no more a place to come to play to enjoy.  I guess, one would suppose and say, "It's a war game" ...sure, I will not disagree with that, but this game offers so much more than that...well at least I thought so.  Now, it seems nothing but a bully game which I do not want to take part in anymore.  I will be abandoning my account shortly and I feel no remorse except for the wonderful friends that I have met online over the years.  For those who would like to keep in touch, just send me a mail and I can see what I can do.  As for our enemies in red and also their allies in yellow who have been helping them on the side, please do not take this as a win on your side, but rather an evilness you have ensured in the land of Illyriad.  It is indeed a game now which I will spread the word how horrible it is to be involved in such playings.  Cheating, bullying, lying, bragging, boasting and showing off for those who do not know what is goin on is nothing but a frontal facial facade shown as a backstabbing bendover to Illyriad.

You razed one of my cities in elgea, you chased us out of the broken lands I exodused 12 cities, but yet, what did the DICKtate do?  Brag, boast how horrible we were, laugh and point fingers, yet, besides the successful cities that have been razed, seems that they run off under duress successfully and hide when things were gettin too tough for them.  So they rethink their strategy to gain a better momentum at their loss of initiative in the first place into Elgea.  Now they bring their cities up into Elgea to claim victories of their same bullyin, cheating and bragging in which many people will just leave due to it ....not because of the war, but simply because of what the DICKtate represent.  So do not take this as a win, take it as just chasing people away from the game....you claim these cities as your gain, but in reality it's just a matter of time before people realize who they are playin with.  Good people seem to have left the game and all that is left will be your own egos.

I will end with this, Illyriad WAS a good game to play.  Now, it's just a time waster.  Am sure, the devs will continue on with this charade in order to gain in their endeavor, but good people will be scarce and the vets will no longer be participatin to claim it is a decent game.  Fightin for a good cause, yes, but when you have more evil than good in the game, of course the evil will prevail. (of course again, they will brag about that as well) It's only a matter of time. I will be looking for another game to play, a game that will not give me a reason to quit hopefully.  I give all good tidings to my friends in this game and wish them good luck in their game.  

It's just a sad game now

Shella
aka Rose and Quin

NORDIC1 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NORDIC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 01:11
It has come time for me to also go my way, I have lost interest in this game for over a year now Illyriad was an escape for me as well to have fun but now it is nothing more than a trap. This game has become a job and is slowly turning into Evony. Soon bots will control it all as long as you pay for the prestige. 

I bid you all a farewell I will be Abandoning my accounts by end of this week 
Sauron View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sauron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 01:22
rip

yall were good opponents, even if you were just lieken and huck's meatsheilds. hope you guys will actually abandon ingame instead of handing passwords to your friends to add to their growing list of permasats and multi accounts
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 01:27
Shella, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back!

I suppose we shouldn't mention the courageous things that you have done, like slandering my alliance from an anonymous terraforming account (conspicuously in excess of your two account limit). Or fleeing at the first sign of danger, despite outnumbering us about 200 cities to 14. Or letting Unbow do all the fighting in Tallimar, even though you're a leadership player in Eagles Eyrie, the alliance we came there to fight. Or using another terraforming account to block off your SW jungle on 12. Camelias (how many terraforming accounts do you have , anyway?).

If you don't like the new direction in Illyriad, that's fine. But there's no need to rage quit in such a dramatic fashion. Good luck in your next game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
  Share Topic