illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sindicate v. Assorted Elgea based Alliances

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 05:42
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

I'm not quite ready to accept your surrender yet, Ten.

Careful with that ego balloon!

You need to discount the totals for inactives which your people believe are nearly all of us and allow for gold farms outside the alliances and the importation of prestige from the real world for sale.

Every alliance we have fought has tried to show how they really are the disadvantaged ones, and padded some imaginary advantages on us. We attacked SHARK too soon. We dared to attack vCrow's Farshards citadel after the tourney, when they weren't at their absolute maximum for troops. Now you're next in line, padding the east Elgean end of the map with some confed members that aren't really taking part in the war, and padding our alliances with imaginary accounts that you're witch-hunting.

Sorry, nope! Your mega-confed is fighting a handful of SINdicate outposts that are 2000 squares or more away from the mother ship. Now that you're starting to gain an upper hand on one edge of the map, go ahead and inflate your opponents, to make yourself look a little more... ahem... victorious. 

That said, I am glad you are having fun! It shows through all the gloating talk about the razes on the forums and GC. Because admit it - you actually take pleasure in fighting us Star

Edited by Tink XX - 29 Nov 2017 at 05:43
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 21:30
Originally posted by Tink XX Tink XX wrote:

I'm not quite ready to accept your surrender yet, Ten.

Careful with that ego balloon!

You need to discount the totals for inactives which your people believe are nearly all of us and allow for gold farms outside the alliances and the importation of prestige from the real world for sale.

Every alliance we have fought has tried to show how they really are the disadvantaged ones, and padded some imaginary advantages on us. We attacked SHARK too soon. We dared to attack vCrow's Farshards citadel after the tourney, when they weren't at their absolute maximum for troops. Now you're next in line, padding the east Elgean end of the map with some confed members that aren't really taking part in the war, and padding our alliances with imaginary accounts that you're witch-hunting.

Sorry, nope! Your mega-confed is fighting a handful of SINdicate outposts that are 2000 squares or more away from the mother ship. Now that you're starting to gain an upper hand on one edge of the map, go ahead and inflate your opponents, to make yourself look a little more... ahem... victorious. 

That said, I am glad you are having fun! It shows through all the gloating talk about the razes on the forums and GC. Because admit it - you actually take pleasure in fighting us Star

Wow. You really are paranoid.

My point was that the imbalance is not quite as big as it appears for the reasons I stated.  I'm not actually enjoying the war - but I did enjoy the siege on Gragnog because it shouldn't have worked and quirks of fate tickle my sense of humour. That siege should not have lasted an hour.
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 22:22

Wow. You really are paranoid.

Are you a qualified medical professional or an acquaintance of Sigmund Freud or something?

You've just casually added what looks roughly like 1/5th of Elgean cities to the "red side" of the map claiming that it would make things look a little more even, and now you accuse me of being paranoid for pointing that out!

I don't even...

Edited by Tink XX - 29 Nov 2017 at 22:22
The Reaper View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 23:36
I'm trying to figure out why Larn is all red, because last I checked my alliance was not at war. Please make sure you provide accuracy in your propaganda.

-Drax The Destroyer
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 01:18
Read the description

Sin + confeds

Aesir + confeds

NOT ALL ARE INVOLVED

clearly stated

... and in fact others not confederated with either side might be involved.

Edited by Hucbold - 30 Nov 2017 at 01:20
The Reaper View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 01:29
Oh, I can read. And indeed I read your comment of not all involved. Still. Keep us out of your proganda, it's not appreciated. The individual alliances duking it out are all that needs to be shown here. Implicating other alliances is just kicking hornets nests. End of story.

-Drax The Destroyer
Bartleby View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bartleby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 01:44
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

I will continue to place my bet

Where can we place our bets? I've got some cattle to wager!
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 05:46

Not all (on either side) are involved but at least this can be objectively replicated.

So what was wrong with Sauron's map? You can objectively replicate his map! He plainly took a snapshot of all the alliances that are currently at war, and that picture shows SINdicate being vastly outnumbered in Elgea.

Sorry that I'm not buying your "objectivity". Kinda hard to, when it's coming from the person who resorts to name-calling and personal attacks at every turn. Perhaps your intent was not to embellish, but it resulted in a pretty significant distortion of the war map. A picture is worth a thousand words, disclaimers are just a fine print underneath it.

When you consider only the alliances that are actually doing something the map becomes smaller on both sides. Quite a few of Loki members in Elgea are brand new players, and aren't ready to participate in war. A few of the alliances that are formally at war are being hardly active. If you pare this map down to only active players who engage in meaningful military action, it will shrink on your confed's side considerably.

Still your confed's advantage in Elgea is quite clear. More players, more cities, more resources. Will it help you? Well, clearly I've made my bets. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 05:48
Originally posted by Bartleby Bartleby wrote:

Where can we place our bets? I've got some cattle to wager!

Bart, the bets in this game are cities and armies. You place them on the map where you see fit.
viperone View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 09:02
As a bystander to the party, so to speak it always slays me when one side accuses the other of name calling and personal attacks.  Name calling and personal attacks are a two way street with both sides driving on the same street.  The don't do as I do, but do as I say philosphy, only holds hot air.  GC trolling is part of every war in Illyriad and will continue to be so.  To quote "I always tell the truth, even when I lie" end quote.  I do think both sides are having a bit of pixel fun. Carry on but don't expect everyone to believe the hype.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic