illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sindicate v. Assorted Elgea based Alliances

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 05:31
You whiners need to get a new tune. This same bleating from you sheep has been around since the time I was in H? so long ago. You just need someone to blame for your problems. We are happy to be that someone, just do not use us as an excuse if you do not want to keep playing. Looking at how few we are and how big the map is it is clear you could easily live far from our influence. You choose to play close to us and thus the blame is all yours.
Kaggen is my human half
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 06:27
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 06:51
Day 34. Looks like TEA is, ahem, swirling the drain.

Introducing today, courtesy of Tensmoor, the new Cowards & Heroes Tracker! This new script from Tens details exactly who has joined and left any alliances participating in the Grand SIN war since December 6th, the baseline against which the data I've been posting is being measured. Enjoy...and don't forget to drop Tens a note expressing your appreciation so you don't disappoint your mother.
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 21:17
I am a new guy, so thanks Mafro for keeping this info in forums, to see what is going on in big picture.
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 09:24
Cowards?
Heroes?

Someone need long, loooong rest.

Love you all.

Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 05:26
Day 36. TEA and HoMa continue to shrink, while Aesir and EE see growth. 300 recovers 4 cities with 9k population, presumably from exos that have reached their destination.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 06:12
Exodus arrivals, and also one replacement capture.

Can I make a suggestion? The cowards and heroes page might make more sense if it had a section where departures and arrivals were listed chronologically. That would make it easier to see who is jumping among alliances, and who has truly left or joined permanently.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 09:49
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Exodus arrivals, and also one replacement capture.

Can I make a suggestion? The cowards and heroes page might make more sense if it had a section where departures and arrivals were listed chronologically. That would make it easier to see who is jumping among alliances, and who has truly left or joined permanently.

Since the tables are produced by doing a straight comparison of two player datafiles (baseline dated file and latest datafile) that is not currently possible. To do that would require checking all the intervening datafiles to see which alliance (if any) a player was in at the time the datafile was produced.While that is certainly possible the load it would put on my server would break my usage limits and end with my account there being suspended. The scripts to produce these two pages take about 3 minutes to run and push the usage limits for my server account.

I did look at making another script that shows all changes to player accounts (name changes, alliance and role, race as well as new and deleted accounts) between two adjacent datafiles however it took over 8 mins to run which would again cause problems with my server account.

I am however looking at creating a series of scripts that can be run from a USB drive (with XAMPP on it) that will allow individuals to see the daily changes in all the datafiles using their own machines thereby not putting any strain on my server account. All that would be required is that they download the datafiles each day. The reasoning being that I would like EVERYONE to have full access to the data contained in the files. When (if ever) I'll manage to get it all done I don't know as currently I'm more focused on trying to resolve health issues.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 10:45
As an example of the data produced by comparing the player datafiles for two consecutive days:

Modified Players
Deleted Players
Added Players

These files were made using XAMPP on a USB drive plugged into my (very slow and low powered) laptop and took a total of 23 minutes to produce.

Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 18:10
When can we expect the establishment of a vicious military court?
What Penalties Are You Foreseeing?

Developers, stop this rampage in all segments of the game, starting with GC

I love you all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic