New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 11:02
.any plans for a new server???
bartimeus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 17:24
+1 for wizzla, that way we could start on a cool perfect map.

"We've even written the algorithm so that it won't touch the 5 squares around any currently settled square, so you won't suddenly find yourself beset by threatening glaciers or volcanic lava flows - and will have room to expand in your neck of the woods."GM Stormcrow
by the way, when you say that 5 tiles around us are untouched, do you mean a 5 by 5 square centered on each city or a 10 by 10 square (5 in each direction)...? (whichever it is, I think it is too large and that it will stop the map from looking really good.)

"There are a few players who have settled out in the back of beyond - as far from the center as possible - and we're making sure that they will be attached to the mainland rather than floating out on an Island in the middle of the sea."GM Stormcrow
also, Why connect far away people to the main continent?
why not just make them on the coast line of their Island? they would get the first developed harbour once those get implemented.
or why not just leave them on their island? they would be safer once we cann't travel throught water without boat...

Edited by bartimeus - 22 Aug 2010 at 18:07
Bartimeus, your very best friend.
zebazga View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 06:33

by the way, when you say that 5 tiles around us are untouched, do you mean a 5 by 5 square centered on each city or a 10 by 10 square...? 

I interpreted that as the square my city is on, and the four in each cardinal direction (north, east...)

Zangi View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 06:43
Originally posted by wizzla wizzla wrote:

I'm of the opinion that at the current state of life Illyriad is in... a new server would pretty much be a gigantic birdie to everyone who played more then 1 month...  The time and prestige spent already.. while the majority of new players flock to the new server. 
Stagnating the 1st server's infusion of new blood...
dafe View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 15:32
Sorryguys,I'd just like to know where I can find server launch dates.. are there some news about it? Thanks and have fun!Smile
wizzla View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 02:51
Originally posted by Zangi Zangi wrote:

Originally posted by wizzla wizzla wrote:

I'm of the opinion that at the current state of life Illyriad is in... a new server would pretty much be a gigantic birdie to everyone who played more then 1 month...  The time and prestige spent already.. while the majority of new players flock to the new server. 
Stagnating the 1st server's infusion of new blood...

yep but this game is vary slow and i know myself i would still play the first server...
liberty6 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 04:13
hope i can still play without confusion lol. but i would have liked to see transport mana in there lol. but all in all i think i will get lost
Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 16:30
I was thinking about all the cool possibilites that could come with NPC factions when I thought of one of the things I hate most about AI in games like civilization:  simply the inability to reason to an AI.  For example, say an AI opponent is half your size and next to no army.  You and the opponent get into a war, but out of the kindness of your heart, you want to make peace (maybe you'd rather trade with the opponent or your just RPing a benevolent leader) with the AI opponent.  Regardless of the fact that they are clearly outmatched and will be destroyed, they refuse to make peace.  Another annoying thing is way an AI opponent is harassing you in some manner or doing something that just annoys you and you want to tell them to stop or you will attack them.  Usually there is no way to do this and even if there was (like stop spying in MOO2), the AI is just too stupid to listen.  Anyway to get to my point, when creating NPC factions for Illyriad, I ask the developers to please consider this sort of thing and do their best to create factions that react in a more reasonable manner.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 09:42
Hi all,

No plans for a new server atm; still lots to do with this one!  Our objective is for each server to be a  persistant world rather than one with resets.

On the Faction AI, we're going to take it slow and in baby steps.  NPC Factions will, initially, be reactive and trade-based rather than proactive and aggressively militarised.  This will change over time as they bed in, but initially there won't be rampaging hordes of evil NPCs destroying everything in their wake (more's the pity Wink !)

Best,

SC
Steve44 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 18:23
At last the game seems to be finally becoming what it promised,great work guys:)))Thumbs Up 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic