Topic ClosedPenalization to attack baby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xifris View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Penalization to attack baby
    Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 08:21
In other games of the same kind, [You know what i mean i suppose (tr****)] when you attack a player that have less ranking than you, you have a penalization. In my point of view, it is not realistic and doesn't like me. Recently i could make a test of this situation in Illyriad. A powerful player attacked me and i choosed to defend to see what happens. And i'm happy to say, that the game is realistic in these way. I losed a lot of troops and mi enemy losed less troops. If there is a penalization to attack players below your rank, then this penalization is very cheap. I'm happy with that, more realistic, more fine for me. But anyway, i would ask if this is true. Do you get penalized in this game for doing that?
xifris View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 08:25
Sorry for my english always!! I'm learning with you guys!
Aelfric View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 09:26
First of all, don't worry about your English. I'm not a native English speaker as well. New players are called newbies (not babies, lol!) if they behave appropriately. Those who behave annoyingly are called noobs, an insulting term that often is used to mock other players regardless of their size or knowledge of the game.

To my understanding, there is no penalty for attacking a smaller player, but the game is designed to be slow-paced and to encourage collaboration (instead of playing individually), anyway. In term of design, I think the game favours defenders than attackers. With "Sally Forth", it's easier to coordinate counter-attack (in defensive context) for the defenders, but attackers have to coordinate attacks and sieges manually, e.g. by posting attack plan in the forum.

If that's not clear, the elders in the game such as Wuzzel or HonoredMule should be able to explain it better to you.
xifris View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 10:08
Yes, i understand you, that always is more easy to defend. Is natural and realistic too. But there aren't penalties in the formulas, to attack newbies or noobs lol. In other words, i will know if it's the same result if you attack with X units to Y units with a population of 2000 than if you attack with the same units to the same units of a player with population of 100. Is Population or rank a variable in the algorithm of attack?
Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 20:37
Originally posted by xifris xifris wrote:

Sorry for my english always!! I'm learning with you guys!

Your English is better than my non-english.Tongue
No, there are no penalties for attacking weaker players.  In fact, other than the initial newbie invulnerability, there is no other special protection for newbies (by special I mean something available to newbies that's not available to older players specifically to protect the former from the latter).  This may change in the future, but I have not heard that penalties such as you mentioned are being considered.
xifris View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 10:03
Thanks for the clarification!
Jargas View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 00:46
There is no penalization to my knowledge. Just the fact that attacking someone much smaller than you (once you get to a decent size) is pointless. Most people would much rather go for people of similar size, for their more abundant and profitable goods.

So just bare through the rare times someone gets bored and grabs your stuff, get into an alliance, and build like crazy. Won't be long before you're not the "newb" (I really despise this term, I prefer using my imagination.) anymore.

As for your English, I've had a harder time understanding people who's primary language was English.

Regards,
Jargas
Jargas Bargnothaltros
Officer of Dark Blight
Resident of The Underdark

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic