illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oldest City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oldest City
    Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 15:38
Lucyville:  Fri 05 Nov 2010
Still, it's pretty old.
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
phoenixfire View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoenixfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 18:55
Originally posted by Lord Stanley Lord Stanley wrote:

I was just looking at the oldest players the other day. 
Kumo is player id number 10.  I never heard of the people before him except the devs are the first few.

Sarky is the only one ahead of Kumo that still has towns and he is player Id 3. Which means he is the first actual player besides the Devs
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 18:16
Possibly but that is something you'd have to take up with them. Personally I don't think they'd be willing to devote the time/effort required but it also depends on how the data is structured on their server if the still have that info.
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:26
Would it be possible for the devs to find that information back to tge beginning of the server? The title legendary city seems more fitting for a town that exists for 7 years and has changed owner several times then a prestige build town that's only 3 months old. It' also interesting to know who's controlling the towns of the players who long left the game.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 08:12
I've got the datafiles going back over a year so in theory I could work out things like changes of ownership during that period but it's a lot of work.

Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 07:05
Corwin: yeah, it's impossible from a single datafile. If you build up a history from the files correlating the cities with the same coordinates over time, you can track down captures, except for the cities that a player exodused shortly after capture (before the next town file update).
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 06:59
I suppose there is no way to tell the age of a captured town then?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 06:46
Originally posted by Starry Starry wrote:

Congrats, Tensmoor you have me beat:

Sunset   
City FoundedSat 20 Mar 2010

Not sure when Kumomoto and Killerpoodle started but it was a bit before me.
That city belongs to Stormcrow not me - I didn't start playing this time till 2015.

Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 05:47
The city ID is updated when it is captured, so you can only track history of cities continuously owned by the same player.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 03:29
the datafiles can give you alot of information and tools if you know what you are doing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic