illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saving Illyriad For All

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 07:02
Well, Loki plays by its own rules. Deal with the players directly involved. I live in Fellandire and thus speak for Fellandire. Any non SIN alligned players have known for a long time this was coming. Fam was offered our protection and help a long time ago and chose a different path. Now I am cleaning up Fellandire. There are many areas free of our influence. If you do not like us then move away from us and into areas safe from us. EE has done that. nCrow has done it. Get over your complaining and either move or kill us. From my side, you can write what you want in the forums complaining but it will not help. I never have and never will give a sh*t what want, I will do what I want. If you do not like it come and raze me out of the game.
Kaggen is my human half
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 13:41
I've been contacted by Ten Kulch via IGM and will keep the specifics private to the parties involved.  His reasoned and rational tone is worthy of of respect and is worthy of imitation.

Folks like those in FAM and many others in the southeastern quadrant of the BL pose no offensive threat to any other player in the game.  How can they not coexist with the SINdicate?  Is the goal to increase PvP activity and participation in the game or drive people from the game?  I'm not sure addition by subtraction is such a thing in this game.

Now alliances such as EE and (character)Crow may have the capacity, and safety working from afar, to be a thorn in the side and driving them from the heart of your claim may make sense, but FAM is not comparable in any way.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 14:10
The difference between Ten Kulch's post and Gragnog's is marked and shows the divide and conquer approach of the SINdicate. Ten implicitly denies its happening and demands proof while Gragnog gives the game away. Those of us in BL, far from Fellandire, have been and are repeatedly subjected to the Gragnog approach without explanation, apology or reason. Ten Kulch is either ill-informed or another deliberate face of the sinner's propaganda.
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 14:52
I think your bleating misses the point. It does not matter what you spew here. The dice has been cast. You will be forced out of my area. Scream and moan all you like. Try argue your point here all you like. The fact that you seem to know so much about Fam reinforces my resolve. We know you work together and before your plans could be formed we started to take action. You will not use those accounts to launch surprise attacks on us.
Kaggen is my human half
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 15:18
I'm not sure to which one of us Gragnog is talking...

My alt was in FAM Nov 2014 until July 2017.  Wartow joined FAM (Aug 2017) since leaving that major military threat known as MOON.  I joined Illy shortly after the closure of Lords of Ultima and continue to play Crown of the Gods with many FAM members.  This is how I know as much as I do about FAM.

I have no association with Hucbold or HATH's TEA effort.  I question that conglomeration as the solution to grievances being made known by FAM.  Neither do I hold Ten K's efforts to encourage the military aspect of the game as anything other than genuine.  He's posted in his blog much to orient those interested in playing the game in the style he promotes.  He also is not in control of all who are in the SINdicate and the unfortunate tone some set in the forum. 

I will continue to advocate for conquerors to coexist in their land claims with those are not military threats.  Forcing relocation, even if assisted, is not necessary and there are aspects of this game that should permit access to all regions of the map.   

Its a marketplace of ideas... you now know mine.

Edited by Wartow - 16 Oct 2017 at 15:19
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 16:10
Originally posted by Mafro Mafro wrote:

Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Please be specific about where this is happening, who is being exiled, and who is pushing them out. There are relatively few land claims, so this cannot be a global phenomenon.

Please understand, I play and support this game because it's chill and I find the complexity fun. In RL my days are spent taking orders from my boss, my woman, my offspring, etc. I'm not about to put my precious time and resources into a pastime that requires I take orders from anyone. I play and support this game because I find it fun. As soon as it's not fun, I'm going to take my interests elsewhere. As this is a game, I'm pretty sure that's true for all of us.

From what I can tell, SilverCrescentia felt the same. I don't know her backstory, but I do know that an active, independent player was threatened by Loki and simply chose to abandon a couple days ago rather than be forced to play a game she wasn't interested in playing. The same thing appears to be happening to coolpc, who I heard recently changed his name to LOKIkillingme. It's happening to the alliance Fam, the player fishergate (recently newb ringed), and, apparently, quite a few others.

I'm sure there's a better way for Loki's leadership to achieve their goals. Prove your dominance, show your strength to those who oppose you, but don't drive peaceful supporters of the game away or force them to play in a way they don't want to play...it's just ultimately not in your own best self interests.

So, Ten Kulch, there's your answer.

Neighborly Yours,

Mafro

not the reason I abandoned Silv.  look at her history she moved from loki to know right before she abandoned....so who would have thretened her in that short length of time?
That is all
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 16:17
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

Ten implicitly denies its happening and demands proof while Gragnog gives the game away. ... Ten Kulch is either ill-informed or another deliberate face of the sinner's propaganda.

This may come as a revelation to you, but I am not Gragnog's nanny. Loki isn't required to seek permission from 300, nor vice versa. We are comrades who collaborate on shared goals like defeating major opponents and maintaining the security of Fellandire. Grag doesn't tell us how to run our projects like Thunderdome or the EE-300 war, and we don't tell him how to conduct his business, either.

I have not been monitoring the tension between Loki and FAM. It doesn't have a direct effect on 300, so frankly it's none of my business. If that makes me ill informed, so be it. I don't have to agree with all of Loki's projects or even know about them. I respect their right to act unilaterally whenever it suits them, as long as it doesn't compromise 300 objectives, and vice versa.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Dessembrae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dessembrae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 17:36
Originally posted by Grom Grom wrote:

I can only speak for Elgea. We (Tcol) consider our landclaim to be absolute. In accordance with that view, we reserve the right to remove any and all cities that are not green from MM (regardless of how long they have been there). We have not attacked anyone without communication, and have displayed willingness to work with anyone who volunteers to leave peacefully. 

I do not believe that our actions will cause anyone to abandon unless they are already strongly contemplating to do so based on their own reasons. I do believe that taking strategic actions in a sandbox game engages the player base, keeps them active, and ultimately helps in maintaining a healthy and entertaining experience for the majority of the community.

That is very funny, As far as I know the only attack you guys launched was at an AESIR player since they are all ready involved in another war, I am still waiting to see you guys strike some of those players in your land claim from large alliances that are not currently involved in anything and see what you got.
 No need for you to waste your time replying, just making an observation.
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 17:49
Originally posted by Dessembrae Dessembrae wrote:

Originally posted by Grom Grom wrote:

I can only speak for Elgea. We (Tcol) consider our landclaim to be absolute. In accordance with that view, we reserve the right to remove any and all cities that are not green from MM (regardless of how long they have been there). We have not attacked anyone without communication, and have displayed willingness to work with anyone who volunteers to leave peacefully. 

I do not believe that our actions will cause anyone to abandon unless they are already strongly contemplating to do so based on their own reasons. I do believe that taking strategic actions in a sandbox game engages the player base, keeps them active, and ultimately helps in maintaining a healthy and entertaining experience for the majority of the community.

That is very funny, As far as I know the only attack you guys launched was at an AESIR player since they are all ready involved in another war, I am still waiting to see you guys strike some of those players in your land claim from large alliances that are not currently involved in anything and see what you got.
 No need for you to waste your time replying, just making an observation.

"We reserve the right to remove any and all cities that are not green from MM"

We reserve the right to do so at our own leisure, and according to our own policies. Now quit stirring the pot without informing yourself first, Aga. It is unbecoming. 
Zenorra View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zenorra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 17:49
@Dessembrae

There was a lot of communication with the Aesir player as well as Hucbold prior to any action being taken. 

Grom was saying that we have been communicating with all yellow players within Mal Motsha and we are working with them on their move. There is a lot of things going on that doesn't involve sieging, and that does not show up in the Herald. You should not try to make observations that you know nothing about.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic