Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Interactions of Astrological Bodies in Illy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Interactions of Astrological Bodies in Illy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Interactions of Astrological Bodies in Illy
    Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 02:51
my account has Cylindrical Chat
I am a Machine.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 23:28
SOLUTION:
It is called global chat, therefore illy is on a globe.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 22:32
If day and night have no meaning then why do things like the elven spirit bow have effects which work during the day?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 21:40
"Day" and "night" are conventions observed by people, not geographic realities.  The designation of "day" and "night" in Illyriad has nothing to do with whether or not it is dark outside.  That is why we do not have daylight savings time.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 20:36
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I investigated this matter thoroughly as Geographer on the player council.  I believe that Illyriad is a cylinder with an axis that is tilted relative to the sun.  the map that we see covers only a tiny portion of the surface of this cylinder horizontally.  It is very fat and squat. That is why the entire map is in one time zone and also why there are seasons.

Sorry Rill, that's an incomplete answer. How can there be seasons but a constant 12hr  day length? A fuller exposition with less hand waving is required!
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 16:42
I investigated this matter thoroughly as Geographer on the player council.  I believe that Illyriad is a cylinder with an axis that is tilted relative to the sun.  the map that we see covers only a tiny portion of the surface of this cylinder horizontally.  It is very fat and squat. That is why the entire map is in one time zone and also why there are seasons.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 23:39
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

I'm worried about global warming caused by the methane from millions of cows making sea levels rise and flooding coastal waters...

OK. Lets monitor whether the ice sheets are diminishing and whether there is any increase in extreme weather events. Monthly reports will suffice KillerPoodle.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 17:06
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

... and I think Eowan means astronomical bodies
Well... given that illyriad is fictional, I thought astrological was better.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 16:21
I'm worried about global warming caused by the methane from millions of cows making sea levels rise and flooding coastal waters...
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 15:30
... and I think Eowan means astronomical bodies
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic