illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Elgean Alliance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 14:18
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

Josh was here.

Duly noted...  and as long as we are going on record (how is that for a transition?)...  

I believe there needs to be a counterweight to the SINdicate, but coming from an appeal to the status quo might not be the answer.  Illy is a game and one that is, and should, continue to build on a positive community environment.  Attacking players who are of no threat isn't going to win the favor of the community and may force those to stand with an oppositional force with which they are uncomfortable.

I do call upon the developers of the game to reconsider the sitting policies of the game to require earning "sitter" time with limits and perhaps the use of prestige.  The practice of holding sieges also needs to change.  And lastly, enforce the multi-account policies already on the books.

Keep the active and productive farmers happy, they will make the markets you need, where you need them, to allow the military game to thrive!

I've been giving these issues some thought recently and I've come up with two suggestions:

The first requires a change to the game mechanics - get rid of siege and raze. Siege and capture - no problem, but siege and raze is too destructive. Instead of siege and raze have a 'lock city' option which would put the city into cooldown for 30 days and would remove all the cities sov squares. Set the threshold for this at about 2k pop. This would not destroy the persons research and work but would disable the city from the current hostilities.

The second would be a sandbox rule that not only allows but encourages land claims. Alliance members would live within alliance land claims. The military aspect would be satisfied by 'border incidents' as alliances expand or collapse and trade would be enhanced as alliance would have to trade for resources outside their claim.

I think these would work but I know they'll be shot down within hours.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 00:01
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Attacking players who are of no threat isn't going to win the favor of the community and may force those to stand with an oppositional force with which they are uncomfortable.

I'm not much for thrashing muggles, but those opposition guys sound exciting to fight. Wake me up when they assemble their grand armada.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic