illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Towards a better Illyria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 06:59
Hahahahaha!!LOL

You gotta LAUGH!!!
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 13:15
Pointless.

Developers have written rules. The new rules will write if they estimate they will bring more money to them. This kind of situation in the game was due to their inability to do so. What the Sin works with his ally today is the job that should be done in a much more discreet way by those with the greatest responsibility, which are owners and developers. They had an ax in the honey. The map will be cleaned and they will fill their pockets. Frankly, I want a different game, a different environment, but I'm not asking anything about it, I'm just a grain of sand, the number at the end of the link. Remember, you " world map" cleaners " , you are just the number at the end of the link, the grain of sand.(if you are not developers)

This could be done by developers, but my humble opinion is now too late:

Traffic with gold, advanced and crafted with rare plants and minerals - just across the market.

Basic resources, plants and minerals can be transferred to a player - player.

The player can attack only stronger or straight. (If there is an attack on an abandoned account there is no limit)

Remove sitter.

Determine clearly and loudly that this is an inactive account and how to remove this account from the map, and that the player who removes it does not call a terrorist.

Limit the use of prestige for military and diplomatic purposes.

Prevent GC from being used as an Ad Plate.
Reduce the inflow of third-party apps.

If you already allow them to say clearly and loudly: SAFE THIS APPLICATION IS SAFE!
I would have more, for now this is enough.
Some of you and too.

Google translate, from Bucharest, Romania.

Star

Edited by Celebrant - 04 Oct 2017 at 14:22
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 15:48
Originally posted by Celebrant Celebrant wrote:

The player can attack only stronger or straight. (If there is an attack on an abandoned account there is no limit)

So how do you determine who is stronger? What's the application logic gonna be like? Do you just compare troop counts at any given instant and block an attack/siege/blockade when the attacked player's troop counts are lower? Do you compare individual players troop counts? We'll just start sieging people with 1k stalwart siege armies on top of a million troop occupying stack. People will start disbanding their troops as soon as they see incoming. Fun times!

See, this is why TenK and I use the term "muggles". We aren't stronger than most of you guys. 300 in its current form is a 7-people alliance taking on a 71-people alliance with 500+ cities. In theory, their whole alliance could have rallied and knocked us out. Our strength is not in our numbers or population size or city size. It's simple, really: we stand up for each other and coordinate. If, instead of whining on forums and engaging in wishful thinking, SINdicate's opponents did the same, they wouldn't have to keep losing and the game would be a lot more interesting.

Edited by Tink XX - 04 Oct 2017 at 15:55
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 16:17
I don't believe anyone can, or should, be prohibited from attacking a smaller player but in general there isn't much for a larger player to gain by making the lives of much smaller players difficult.  The community has accepted that smaller players can be stashed safely away in training alliances without immediate threat from larger players and even hostility from other smaller players can be put down if it is not desired (or without cause).

What the DEVS can do is adjust rankings to reward successful defense and attacks by smaller players (population) against larger players or weigh such rankings to favor the PvP.  Climbing the rankings by NPC and inactive attacks should be dampened (or classified as hunting rather than attacking).  I've got no business being ranked #118 in attack rank, for reference, Stukkah is #114.  The discrepancy is clear when you compare our 600+ difference in defense rankings.

I feel this should probably be a post for another thread...

Wartow
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 16:18
Originally posted by Tink XX Tink XX wrote:

So how do you determine who is stronger? What's the application logic gonna be like? Do you just compare troop counts at any given instant and block an attack/siege/blockade when the attacked player's troop counts are lower? Do you compare individual players troop counts? We'll just start sieging people with 1k stalwart siege armies on top of a million troop occupying stack. People will start disbanding their troops as soon as they see incoming. Fun times!

See, this is why TenK and I use the term "muggles". We aren't stronger than most of you guys. 300 in its current form is a 7-people alliance taking on a 71-people alliance with 500+ cities. In theory, their whole alliance could have rallied and knocked us out. Our strength is not in our numbers or population size or city size. It's simple, really: we stand up for each other and coordinate. If, instead of whining on forums and engaging in wishful thinking, SINdicate's opponents did the same, they wouldn't have to keep losing and the game would be a lot more interesting.

Do not worry.
They have solution for everything.
And if is magic word in their language.
Do not worry.

Star

Edited by Celebrant - 04 Oct 2017 at 16:21
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 16:37
Many thanks to Google Translate for making this thread all that more surreal.

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 16:39

So you want me to close down DurcTools, Faction Action, Likely NPC Locations etc? I'm not perfect but I have tried to make a set of tools/utility pages that are balanced in that they offer something to all players no matter their playing style. I'm constantly trying to come up with ways to make tools that are available to everyone whether they play on a desktop, tablet or phone. I don't however have a large budget so I can only test and develop on my laptop using free software. If you know of a way to make tools/apps that will work on all platforms then I'm listening.

Perhaps if you used your in-game name I might listen to you. As it is I don't even know if you have an account in the game.
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 16:46
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

So you want me to close down DurcTools, Faction Action, Likely NPC Locations etc? I'm not perfect but I have tried to make a set of tools/utility pages that are balanced in that they offer something to all players no matter their playing style. I'm constantly trying to come up with ways to make tools that are available to everyone whether they play on a desktop, tablet or phone. I don't however have a large budget so I can only test and develop on my laptop using free software. If you know of a way to make tools/apps that will work on all platforms then I'm listening.

Perhaps if you used your in-game name I might listen to you. As it is I don't even know if you have an account in the game.

I said reduce, i didn't say close , or not allow, sir.
( I do not allow everybody to snatch me in my own yard)
I have nothing against you, or apps you made and maintenance.
No thanks for you, because I've not used it, but I respect your work.
Want word or two from Devs, nothing more.
My name, nick name isn't important.

Edited by Celebrant - 04 Oct 2017 at 17:12
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 16:50
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

Many thanks to Google Translate for making this thread all that more surreal.

You are welcome

Smile
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 16:54
Originally posted by Tink XX Tink XX wrote:

300 in its current form is a 7-people alliance taking on a 71-people alliance with 500+ cities.

Correction: we are fighting a 71 account alliance. Just based on growth patterns, I'd say there might be 12-15 actual players in Eagles Eyrie.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic