illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Towards a better Illyria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Towards a better Illyria
    Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 01:16
Hogwarts agrees with TheIceMan we will play as we choose > Don't even try to force your play style here
Just here
TheIceMan View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheIceMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 22:55
i agree with Neytiri. and I say no to a council as no one is going to force a play style on me, and that is exactly what it would be 
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 03:51
This train is off the rails.  I'll get it back on for you:

Nobody gets to be a self-declared global governing body in a MMORPG without killing the game.  How should that make everyone else feel?  I've been playing longer than you, Huc, and nobody asked me to be on any global security council. . . . Can't you guys create your own land claim and be all dictatorial on that part of the map?  It's a big 'ole map, after all.  Mal Motsha isn't even 10%.  

Don't kill my game, Hucster.

"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 09:52
United Security Council of Illyria?  What has G0ds been slipping in to your porridge, son?Clown

Edited by OssianII - 07 Dec 2017 at 09:52
Turgon of Rhavenia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 22:17
I'm really new here but here are my 2 cents

FREEEEEDOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!

Thanks for listening
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 15:41
Wartow, although the conversation has wandered a bit, it is relevant to consider permasats in Hucbold's proposal. He sees bulk as a virtue. Much of the bulk in big, old alliances can be attributed to permasats. This is a major bone of contention between old Elgean alliances and new Broken Lands alliances. We (BL) feel that the active, vital alliance model is healthy for the game. We don't see a good reason why Elgea should continue to exert disproportionate influence over tournaments, politics, and the meta-game simply because they have amassed large rosters of zombie accounts that have been long abandoned by their original owners. Hucbold's proposal highlights that difference in mentality. Everything he proposes is directed towards assigning influence based on number of accounts, number of towns, and by extension raw population.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 14:01
Sitters/Vacation capacity is valuable.  Steps have been taken in the recent past to limit the duration that one can be appointed a sitter but I understand that these changes still do not make the system a perfect one.  

Perhaps a sitter-day can be claimed daily (or weekly) similar to how the free prestige reward is claimed?  A bank of time can be accumulated up to a certain limit (perhaps 30 days).   Additional sitter-day bonus cannot be claimed while an active sitter is appointed.  

From an administrative perspective there would need to be a sustained effort for the password sharing violation hazard that may be induced by such an additional restriction.

I agree with a previous recommendation (Ten Kulch, another thread) where an account that is being siege-held from deletion should be listed as abandoned and all towns without an active siege should be deleted.

Again, I think I'm in the wrong thread...
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 13:57
The big, old alliances use password sharing to accomplish permasitting. You don't really think the original players are logging back in to reset sitter priveleges, do you?
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
viperone View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 06:14
I think the developers should eliminate Sat Accounts period.  Provide an option for players to deactivate their account for a period of 30 days once every 6 months.  During the deactivated period the town will be under a temporary rainbow so to speak.  Players will not be able to deactivate their towns however with activity in progress, much the same as in exodus.  Nor can players deactivate a town with inbound attacks.
Once the town's max of 30 days has expired the rainbow disappears and the town returns to normal status: whether or not the player logs in or not.
This will level the playing field so to speak by eliminated all the permasat farms.  Inactive accounts will be cleared or go poof over time.
This really will have little impact on wars as troop movements and wars generally take substantial time; way more then the 30 day deactivated period.
Jamie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 22:30
Thanks for creating the tools btw, just ignore the guy complaining about the game. He clearly doesn't want to state his in-game name so we have no idea even if he came on for 1 hr and got angry at this game :P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic