Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chris G gone, but forever remembered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chris G gone, but forever remembered
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 15:37
hi folks, 
I am sure most of you will by now have heard that we have lost another great personality from the Illyriad community.... 
there will be others who might be able to write something more eloquent, something more worthy in remembrance... I just wanted to say a few words... or maybe more than a few, in my usually long-winded way

Chris G joined the game only a few months after myself, and in his early stages he jumped into joining an alliance, something I always advise against... but he consistently said that he struck lucky when he chose The Fellowship, finding his Illy home with the 1st attempt.

While we had our differences, we also found that our friendship, grew so strong that he described me, partly due to our close birth dates, born only 9 days after myself, as his brother from another mother... and he had a quote from me on his profile, still there to this day, that he was the twin bro that I never had.

Many late nights in the past 5 years, marathon Illy sessions, troubles and issues we've laboured to overcome, he proved not only a great co-leader, but probably the best friend I've heard had, on or offline.... my only regrets that we never had the chance to meet, and that I don't think he ever realised or understood how much he was loved and respected by all those who had the honour to know him.

He suffered greatly himself from the loss of several close friends, both in Illryiad and offline, Durc, Mul and Sexy Southern Belle to name only three, plus some close friends offline... several of his Illy towns named as memorials to them

Chris was looking forward to next years IllyCon, one of the main reasons I came up with the idea was to tempt him into overcome his fear of flying and come over here, for the chance to meet up with a lot of Illy friends, as well as maybe a few fishing sessions in Northern Ireland

He will be a great loss to our community, to his family and his friends offline.... he will leave a void which we will all no doubt feel, all we can do is remember him and hope that he has found a peace now that he had difficulty finding in life.

If you're looking down on us Chris, know this.... you will always, forever have a place in our hearts and in that way you will still be with us.

Be at peace, Chris G / Devastruktor... co-leader, true friend, brother 

DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 18:20
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdGGbFdq5vI

R.I.P

I liked you a lot. Thank you for contributions to the world and our illy.

Edited by DeliciousJosh - 02 Oct 2017 at 18:20

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 15:53
Rest In Peace Chris
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 02:24
If anyone would like to be awarded the Chris G / Devastruktor Memorial medal as a symbol of remembrance, send an IGM in-game to SirTwist

Toki View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 08:17
Thank you Devastruktor for all the great times in Private Chat and the immense spirit of fortitude you always displayed even in times of stress, we both connected in that; always had good spirits which was inspirational.

Rest easy bud.

Toki

Edited by Toki - 09 Oct 2017 at 08:19
Leiwan View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leiwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 02:22
As Leiwan/Lady Dis I knew Chris G for over 2 and a half years now (I started playing in Jan of 2015 as Leiwan.) He was always just a really great guy, great with tactics, and everything. I had been absent from Illyriad for the last few months so when I heard he passed away from Twist, I was really upset (still am. Having several cry sessions as well). Here is to Chris G! One of the greatest in Illyriad! You will be greatly missed mellon-nin (my friend) and hannon-le (thank you) for everything!

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 22:54
Chris G/Devastruktor was one of my great friends in Illy, through some difficult times for me and for him.  He was always ready with a smile, a hug, and a pocket full of cookies.  I miss him now and will continue to miss his gentle fierceness.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic