Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are equipment and/or Elite Divisions broken?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Timrath View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timrath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are equipment and/or Elite Divisions broken?
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 11:00
Whenever I look at my battle resuts, the casualties never seem to match my expectations. Equipment bonus seems to be considerably less effective than what its description suggests.

Is it not true that an attacker's casualties are divided between Commanders and troops according to how much Attack strength they contributed?

For example, if I had a Knight Commander with Heroism level 10, his base Attack would be 3965. If I then put 61 Knights into his Division, that would be another 3965 Attack. Shouldn't the percentage of killed Knights exactly match the percentage of HP that the Commander lost?
And if I then equipped the Commander with gear that gives him a cumulative 180% bonus, shouldn't that result in the Commander's losing a greater percentage of his HP than whatever percentage the troopers suffered in casualties?
Moreso, if that Division were made to be Elite (by removing one Knight), wouldn't that mean that the Commander's Attack would be increased by 360%, since equipment counts as double in an Elite Division, and thus he should lose more than 3x as much HP as the percentage of Knights that died?
Yet, this never seems to occur. Commanders lose much less health than expected, and troopers die at a much higher rate than expected.

Where's the error in my assumptions?
Don't Commanders get an Elite modifier? Is that modifier reserved for troopers?
Does equipment have lower stats than advertised? The stats were increased some time ago, but maybe that increase only happened in the description and not in the actual game mechanic?

Edited by Timrath - 02 Oct 2017 at 19:06
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 13:03
Can you give the specific details on the army, commanders, equipment?

People have demonstrated that the "vs Animal" weapons seem to be broken for elite status, or just have broken stats. I have been assuming that all equipment like "vs Animals", "vs Underworld", "vs Undead" just don't work quite correctly. Racial bonuses are also questionable. The stuff that directly modifies the five main stats seems to work fine with elites.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 13:47
Everything in this game is broken or on the that route.

Except Prestige offers, pages,  discounts and others connected  with £,€,$
That is working perfect.

Prestigerad.

Dead

Blankit View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 13:46
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Can you give the specific details on the army, commanders, equipment?

People have demonstrated that the "vs Animal" weapons seem to be broken for elite status, or just have broken stats. I have been assuming that all equipment like "vs Animals", "vs Underworld", "vs Undead" just don't work quite correctly. Racial bonuses are also questionable. The stuff that directly modifies the five main stats seems to work fine with elites.

Can you share that battle report? Maybe the hunter you've talked to added more than 60 cavs and so the elite effect wasn't added? Even if its confidential, atleast tell if the army had the elite status.

Edit: If its not a big bother, please also share the terrain modifiers on that tile.

Edited by Blankit - 19 Feb 2018 at 13:49
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 14:12
That post was from 5 months ago. If you want the data, you can find Shul'Nak's post on this forum and ask him.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Sene View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 04:13
Originally posted by Timrath Timrath wrote:

Is it not true that an attacker's casualties are divided between Commanders and troops according to how much Attack strength they contributed?

It is not true. The winner's casualties% = Defender's defense score *100 / Attacker's attack score 

in case attacker won, or vice verse if defender prevailed. The looser gets 100% casualties, of course. Commanders loose corresponding number of hitpoints if they had enough. If they didn't, they loose everything and die (subject to Defy death saving throw).

So if you have an army of say 500 knights dealing say 60k attack lead by commanders each having 200 hitpoints, and you attack NPCs with say 45k def score, then your casulaties rate will be:

CR = 45000 * 100 / 60000 = 75%;

the army will looose 500 knights * 0.75 (or 500 * 75 / 100) = 375 knights, and

your commanders will all loose 75 hitpoints in the attack. Hence on victorious attack you can loose up to hitpoints, co check it out when planning an attack. In the example aboveif all the commanders had 50 hit poits at the moment the army hit the rival, they would all die even though it was a victorious battle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic