FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Event - Underworld Unleashed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
GM Cerberus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Creativity & Community Czar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GM Cerberus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 21:41
Hey folks,

Just wanted to make some clarifications.  First off, this isn't a tournament, this is a running event that will have a conclusion.  After the event is over, the Kerberos units will be sticking around as the link forged between the underworld and Elgea & Broken Lands by the Tower is permanent(?).  

The Underworld Unleashed event is something new and will continue to evolve and impact Illyriad with things yet to come.

I should have been explicit in the post, I just thought that saying it's a "New Event" and not a New Tournament would be sufficient.

We have adjusted spawn rates for Broken Lands and will continue to monitor the event as it progresses.

Regards,

GM Cerberus

Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 22:02
Thanks for the update, GM C,

good to see you (and the devs) adjusting the next developments!

I'd  be interested  to know how Count Rupert can be credited with an average of more than 500 Hearts of Darkness gathered per city on his account (or is he draining all the x-Crows allies?), since the beginning of the event, when in my neighborhood, I can't see Underworld troops in more than gatherings, yielding less than a score of parts whenever we can hit them!

Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 22:23
We have killed some legion strength units, yielding over 150 hearts...
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
Jamie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 22:34
Good to see more event being hosted on the server :D, keep up the great work and can't wait to see future content !
zzal View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 09:49
still no underworld npc's appearing in Silbeaurs ONLY hellmouth..
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 14:04
Originally posted by zzal zzal wrote:

still no underworld npc's appearing in Silbeaurs ONLY hellmouth..

What do they say about real estate?  Location, location, location...  I don't know the algorithm used for hellmouth placement but there are plenty of examples in Illyriad where resources and NPCs are not evenly distributed throughout.
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 01:01
let me add that an Illy where all resources/opportunities were evenly distributed, region by region, would make a tedious, predictable world.

Please remember that physicists postulate a big bang, for our universe, where some discrepancies emerged straight from the 'singularity' event: uniformity wouldn't have let any differentiation...
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 02:18
Yay!!!! Some in Western Realms, makes me a happy player. Thank you for fixing it.
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 08:19
Originally posted by Hopper Hopper wrote:

Thanks for the update, GM C,

good to see you (and the devs) adjusting the next developments!

I'd  be interested  to know how Count Rupert can be credited with an average of more than 500 Hearts of Darkness gathered per city on his account (or is he draining all the x-Crows allies?), since the beginning of the event, when in my neighborhood, I can't see Underworld troops in more than gatherings, yielding less than a score of parts whenever we can hit them!

Sorry, but I have to reply to this.

I have been in a hunter tournament organized by nCrow, and back then, Count Rupert was a Beast.  I was pretty dedicated and I managed to get more kills than the #2 in the +10 city league, while being in the -10 league myself. Using only 4 cities. I cleaned out every Legion of Giant Rats in the whole NW of Elgaea to do that.

Rupert is dedicated to tournaments like this. He's shown it before and he does it again now. It's all about attitude.
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 08:29
Originally posted by GM Cerberus GM Cerberus wrote:

Hey folks,

Just wanted to make some clarifications.  First off, this isn't a tournament, this is a running event that will have a conclusion.  After the event is over, the Kerberos units will be sticking around as the link forged between the underworld and Elgea & Broken Lands by the Tower is permanent(?).  

The Underworld Unleashed event is something new and will continue to evolve and impact Illyriad with things yet to come.

I should have been explicit in the post, I just thought that saying it's a "New Event" and not a New Tournament would be sufficient.

We have adjusted spawn rates for Broken Lands and will continue to monitor the event as it progresses.

Regards,

GM Cerberus

Thanks, Cerb,

But tournament or not, you might want to check their movement. 

I don't mind them moving around, but maybe you should try playing with bows or swords for a bit. It's very annoying to see them move within 4 hours of showing up (I had one moving away within a way shorter time yesterday).

I am not even trying beyond map visibility range. But I think I should at least be allowed a decent chance. Which I do not think I have atm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic