FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Event - Underworld Unleashed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
GM Cerberus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Creativity & Community Czar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Cerberus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Event - Underworld Unleashed!
    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 23:44

We're excited to announce the roll out of a new event involving the invasion of new, mysterious underworld forces that have been spilling out across the whole of Elgea & the Broken Lands for the past weeks: Underworld Unleashed!

Reports have been trickling in that Kerberos troops have been showing signs of hostility, so be on your guard!  

The hordes of Kerberos troops have begun leaving behind a strange new unique item, the Heart of Darkness.  When volumes of Hearts are brought together in the same town, the hearts are consumed when increasing thresholds are reached.  Players that reach these thresholds are awarded with medals and a spot on the leader board.  There are rumors that the College of Silence is hard at work investigating these strange objects, perhaps there are more layers in this enigma...

HEARTS OF DARKNESS LEADERBOARD & REWARDS
The College of Silence is fervently dredging through ancient texts and manuscripts, attempting to decipher the most recent enigma to emerge from the Kerberos invasion: the Heart of Darkness. The College now encourages leaders of kingdoms across the realm to assemble the Hearts together; it would appear that specific volumes combined react destructively, leaving behind strange arcane energies in their wake.  More study is needed, and the College is awarding leaders with medals as they progress their research on the destroyed Hearts of Darkness.

• When Hearts of Darkness are collected in one settlement, increasing volumes are consumed as they are brought together awarding the account with a reward.
  • Players are awarded with a unique, leveling medal to show their progress in the Invasion Event.
  • Medal progress is unique to a player's account. 
  • Hearts of Darkness are a tradable commodity on the marketplace.
  • Players can see their progress and compete on the Underworld Unleashed leader board.

Regards,

GM Cerberus

Edited by GM Cerberus - 29 Sep 2017 at 00:03
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 00:39
OP says "We're excited to announce the roll out of a new event involving the invasion of new, mysterious underworld forces that have been spilling out across the whole of Elgea & the Broken Lands for the past weeks: Underworld Unleashed!"

Are the hellmouths in BL working yet?  I have yet to see an Underworld Army in BL other than the forces that come out of the Tower in Calumnex.

Please advise

Stukahh
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
white willow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 02:26
I am speechless(almost) an unbalanced easter egg hunt only for some ??? Please tell me there's more to this.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 02:43
Originally posted by white willow white willow wrote:

I am speechless(almost) an unbalanced easter egg hunt only for some ??? Please tell me there's more to this.

Tournament announced. Two hours, forty-two minutes until the first whining. That's got to be a new record.

Muggles should be rejoicing about a hunting tournament. You can attack stationary enemies with elite commanders. All it takes is a little effort and minimal skill. If you are too lazy to hunt, apparently you can even have other people send you the materials for your medals, or you can buy them. Willow, as a chat gamer, you should be happier than a feline roleplayer in a lurker tree. Now people can express their friendship for you by helping you to accumulate a new medal. Chat gamer paradise.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
white willow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 02:47
this is not whining ten this is serious. Is this the best they can do stuk is right where is BL in this so called tourney
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 03:05
I was under the impression that faction armies from The Tower also drop the Heart of Darkness material.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:08
http://prntscr.com/gr48ua

Proof that they ARE in bl, these Underworld camps.

Zaphod B found this one and posted in GC.
[09:53]<Zaphod Bhttps://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/203/-1911

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:27
Last night, people explained to me that the BL Hellmouths were not spawning Kerberos units. Then Cerberus acknowledged that the distribution had been uneven. So I retract my criticism about the whining. Even if The Tower faction armies drop hearts (which nobody has confirmed conclusively for me), it doesn't matter much because their armies are still running the typical routes in Calumnex, not the whole continent.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 13:00
I've scanned the whole of BL now for the Underworld camps and you can see the results here. I'll scan Elgea later but now I need to go get some sleep.

This is the development version of the site so may go down every now and then as I sort stuff out before moving it to the normal Faction action page.
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 00:55
I am curious what rate the hellmouths are spawning.  I haven't seen an underworld faction near any of my towns since they were released.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic