Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Spartacus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 14:22
I repeat the definition of what a terrorist is:

noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

So you are terrorists - as were many of the conquerors of the past that you list. There was nothing noble or admirable about empires that slashed their ways through history. I think the term you are confusing with terrorism is 'guerrilla warfare'.  I have also used the terms 'bully' and 'criminal'. I stand by them.

You are at variance with the sand-box consensus that used to hold sway in Illyria and hopefully will again. I and others intend to reestablish peaceful harmony in Illyria. You are within the rules of the sand-box to resist. I will continue to turn the light on the ways that you play your game
Spartacus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 14:24
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

But, if we start applying real life meanings and values to illyriad with things like what a terrorist is then why not include things like the geneva convention?

Read a bit more. I did.
Rarknar View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 15:15
i feel terrible now that i know i have sided with terrorists. I am sure many people will now rally to your side now that everyone knows they are terrorists. Down with the terrorists!
veni vidi vici
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 18:58
Originally posted by Spartacus Spartacus wrote:

noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

That definition is absurdly broad. From the top Google search result for "terrorist definition": 1. a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Our warfare is not unlawful. Your opinion is not the law here, and it never will be. There is no central authority in Illyriad with the legitimate means to declare these actions unlawful. Further, this is a game of alliances, armies, and geography. Pursuing strategies involving any or all of those factors is implied in the very game design. Finally, you are not "civilians". I have seen the armies maintained by the alliances in question. There is no credible claim to being non-combatants. You aren't civilians, you are simply outclassed on the battlefield. That isn't even close to equivalent.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Spartacus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 00:36
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

noun

That definition is absurdly broad. From the top Google search result for "terrorist definition": 1. a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Our warfare is not unlawful. Your opinion is not the law here, and it never will be. There is no central authority in Illyriad with the legitimate means to declare these actions unlawful. Further, this is a game of alliances, armies, and geography. Pursuing strategies involving any or all of those factors is implied in the very game design. Finally, you are not "civilians". I have seen the armies maintained by the alliances in question. There is no credible claim to being non-combatants. You aren't civilians, you are simply outclassed on the battlefield. That isn't even close to equivalent.

Once again you don't seem to be able to grasp the difference between what the game allows and what is moral. My description of you as a terrorist, criminal and a bully is not less valid that the descriptions that come from your side of the argument of 'muggles' or 'farmville players'. Within my moral code you are all the thing I have described and it is a view shared by a large number of people - the people who watch what is going on and keep a low profile for fear of being terrorised. I am not accusing you of cheating or of any real world actions or crimes. I am saying that within the game, you play the role of terrorists.

Alliances like Aesir have members of many different types. Some are military, some are not - like when a country in RL goes to war, not all its citizens are combatants. Illy actually gives you scores so it is easy to distinguish. It is not a one purpose, regimented alliance like yours. Its members have different philosophies and viewpoints and while we may have declared war on Ta2in, we did not start the war and we have not declared war on all the people who are attacking us, unprovoked, yet. Up to the point of our declaration, we were civilians.

However the purpose of this thread was to point one of the ways that your lot work - specifically, Kaggen hiding cities in a peaceful alliance while he disposes of Kaggen, then presumably abandoning Kaggen and starting Orkaggen and getting his cities back - you know like a deposit and withdrawal from a bank - plus interest. Educating the uninitiated was my purpose and from my standpoint, this thread has been a great success with multiple insights provided to illuminate the darkness.
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 01:11

Alliances like Aesir have members of many different types. Some are military, some are not - like when a country in RL goes to war, not all its citizens are combatants. Illy actually gives you scores so it is easy to distinguish. It is not a one purpose, regimented alliance like yours. Its members have different philosophies and viewpoints and while we may have declared war on Ta2in, we did not start the war and we have not declared war on all the people who are attacking us, unprovoked, yet. Up to the point of our declaration, we were civilians.

Yes, you did start this war. Kenyl was the first person to attack our forces from Aesir while we had a siege on Lagavulin. In retaliation we sieged and razed Forda Beer. 

The preceding attacks you offered as proof of hostilities earlier from July were between you guys and Josh while you were fighting over LOst A cities. 

You struck first, we hit back, we just hit a lot harder than you. You have tried to save face by declaring. If you were so concerned about your members instead of trying to get your hands on a mine, you would have left it alone. As such, your members at present are wearing the brunt of your decision to enter into this fray. you are not even using your troops but sending Aviddrivers and Peacekeepers troops out. 

You did the declaration and Kenyl did the attacking. Review your combat API's. 

Othello will lose 5 cities over the next couple of days, whoever the brains trust is that told him to exo his towns 1 sq away from our first round of sieges needs to get their head examined. 

Any chance of a surrender is gone. Your inflammatory comments have assured that for you and your allies. 

Small Boy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 09:08
LOL @ "Fuzzy Kitten". GM Cerb rocks.
Spartacus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 09:10
Originally posted by Malek Malek wrote:

Yes, you did start this war. Kenyl was the first person to attack our forces from Aesir while we had a siege on Lagavulin. In retaliation we sieged and razed Forda Beer. 

The preceding attacks you offered as proof of hostilities earlier from July were between you guys and Josh while you were fighting over LOst A cities. 

You struck first, we hit back, we just hit a lot harder than you. You have tried to save face by declaring. If you were so concerned about your members instead of trying to get your hands on a mine, you would have left it alone. As such, your members at present are wearing the brunt of your decision to enter into this fray. you are not even using your troops but sending Aviddrivers and Peacekeepers troops out. 

You did the declaration and Kenyl did the attacking. Review your combat API's. 

Othello will lose 5 cities over the next couple of days, whoever the brains trust is that told him to exo his towns 1 sq away from our first round of sieges needs to get their head examined. 

Any chance of a surrender is gone. Your inflammatory comments have assured that for you and your allies. 

What a load of self serving twaddle. Even taking your account of events, which is very incomplete, you regard us as the aggressor for clearing a siege on one of our confeds? We were honour bound to do so. In reality, the attacks by the SINdicate on us started several months before that and AGAIN, we did NOT start it. Look at the overall tone of your message - we did not cooperate with your bullying therefore you are going to punish us - terrorism.

Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 01:25
This had nothing to do with you, you chose to get involved. Don't go crying like a little girl when you intentionally put your alliance in front of me. Using the monniker terrorism is just your pathetic way of trying to get out of the corner you have put yourself in and try to shift the focus away from your stupid actions. You asked for a dog pile, you did not get it. 

You cannot justify an honour bound to help your confeds, that is a the biggest load of crap i have read, have you looked at when you became confeds with mcrow? This was after I started launching at them, and on that note, if you are so "honour bound" as you quite clearly put it, where were your "honour bound" armies when vcrow was attacked by SIN, where were your "honour bound" armies when SHARK was attacked by SIN? Where were your "honour bound" armies when EE was declared on by a 5 person alliance? They were non existent, and if you look at your diplomacy screen, it shows quite clearly the dates involved, and these confeds have been in place for a very long time, not just a recent one in the case of Mcrow. 

You keep making stories up where everything I put out can be clearly backed up with api and other ingame notifictions like diplo pages, and to continue to sell the rubbish that you type, you just keep going on with the one thing, terrorism, and that is because you are trying to justify your existence as leader to your alliance so you can continue your hapless and pathetic crusade. 

You are worse than Pico, and he was an expert at throwing people under the bus. 

robmc View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 02:39
Whatever it's a game. If you think for one minute anyone cares about you and your friends dying, your wrong. At the end of the day if you couldn't fight them militarily, you should have just let them take what they wanted. Now not only are they talking what they want, but the are making you look like a little girl while they do it. Politics never work in real life, why would they work in illy? Muggles.       
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic