FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKaggen/Gragnog/Ukkonen/Soturi *CLOSED*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Fiona View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 23:29
Isn't this post slander. It should be removed. Spartacus/Hucbold owes an apology to the parties involved.
Spartacus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 00:01
Originally posted by Fiona Fiona wrote:

Isn't this post slander. It should be removed. Spartacus/Hucbold owes an apology to the parties involved.

Technically it would be libel, not slander.

Libel and/or slander are not outlawed in the rules of Illy.

My post outlines a series of verifiable facts and leaves the reader to draw whatever conclusions they like. No conclusions are provided. In fact Gragnog's reply confirms all the facts provided. Other peoples conclusions from those facts does not put those words in my mouth.
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 00:36
I find your continued use of the word terrorist deeply offensive, Hucbold. I think it's much more serious than calling someone a moron.

You're not going to convince anyone to help you that way.
Spartacus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 00:48
Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

I find your continued use of the word terrorist deeply offensive, Hucbold. I think it's much more serious than calling someone a moron.

You're not going to convince anyone to help you that way.

.... then they should stop terrorising people. 

Dictionary.com

noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

Edited by Spartacus - 29 Sep 2017 at 00:49
Whakomatic View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 05:57
Spartacus/Hucbold

Standing on the steps of the forum to rally support against your opponents is diplomacy.
Rhetoric to paint your foes in a bad light is politics.
Smashing their armies and razing their cities is warfare.

All of these (and more) are an accepted part of the game world.

However, casual accusations of "terrorist" -- a word that has real and terrible meaning to a great number of people -- is naive and inflammatory. It shows a profound failure of judgment.

Accusing these same opponents of cheating and violating game policy then falling back to "but, but, they are the bad guys (i.e. terrorists)" when confronted with an explanation that contradicts your assertion does not inspire confidence in your agenda nor your play style.

Spartacus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 08:34
Originally posted by Whakomatic Whakomatic wrote:

Spartacus/Hucbold

Standing on the steps of the forum to rally support against your opponents is diplomacy.
Rhetoric to paint your foes in a bad light is politics.
Smashing their armies and razing their cities is warfare.

All of these (and more) are an accepted part of the game world.

However, casual accusations of "terrorist" -- a word that has real and terrible meaning to a great number of people -- is naive and inflammatory. It shows a profound failure of judgment.

Accusing these same opponents of cheating and violating game policy then falling back to "but, but, they are the bad guys (i.e. terrorists)" when confronted with an explanation that contradicts your assertion does not inspire confidence in your agenda nor your play style.

Let's get this straight. I have no idea what these guys do in real life. For all I know, one of them might be the Pope. My accusation is that in the game, they play the role of terrorists - clearly they do. Read the OP. There is no accusation of cheating - just an outline of facts that is subsequently confirmed by Gragnog. They are upset because I am casting light on 'their business' and are trying to get it removed so that the 'muggles' won't see the way they work. You are doing your bit in their cause by trying to drown the issue under indignation and invective. 

Edited by Spartacus - 29 Sep 2017 at 08:57
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 09:27
You dont want to play the finger pointing game. 

Hucbold/Bivin/Aviddriver/The Peacekeeper

Hey avid, hope things are going well for you. Just thought I would let you know that I am being forced to crush aesir. 
let me know where you are hiding out these days 
[9/14/2017 2:02:40 PM] Zach H****: i dont know whats going on man I haven't played in like 6 months
[9/14/2017 2:08:59 PM] Brad J***: All good mate hope you are doing well 
[9/14/2017 2:09:18 PM] Zach H***: yea I am bud just fixing to go to bed
[9/14/2017 2:09:26 PM] Zach H***: been playing other games
[9/14/2017 2:09:31 PM] Zach H***: destiny and eso
[9/14/2017 2:10:15 PM] Brad J***: Well no real updates in illy so you are not missing much 

Cerberus edit for Forum Rules.

Edited by GM Cerberus - 29 Sep 2017 at 10:12
Rarknar View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:36
I would argue that they are not terrorists but conquers and warmongers. The do not hide in the shadows and send suicide bombers out to cause come damage but stay concealed. No, they simply step on the neck of the opposition and grind them into the dirt. Since my time in illy I have watched them grind 3 #1 alliances down to almost nothing along with many other smaller wars. All This in plain view of the illy public. No they are the "bad" guys and have been doing this for years. If you guys wanted to stop them, should have done it years ago.

Rarknar
veni vidi vici
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:37
When Broken Lands opened, we moved here and founded an empire of warriors. Now, we are making moves against other kingdoms and empires, making allies with the strong, controlling valuable resources, exerting influence over continents. Terrorists? Just because you fear someone doesn't automatically make them a terrorist. We are the British, the Romans, the Mongols. Our tactics are the tactics of mighty empires from the ancient Greeks to the Normans.

Usurpers, warmongers, conquerors? Yes.

Terrorists? No.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 13:44
Since when has being a terrorist involved hiding in the shadows? Are we forgetting current events with IS making a caliphate and all that stuff?

To be honest, if we start applying real life values then both sides have a certain war crimey feel to them. Personally, I'd keep away from stuff like that on the forums simply because it seems like the sort of thing which could potentially result in a forum ban regardless of accuracy.  

But, if we start applying real life meanings and values to illyriad with things like what a terrorist is then why not include things like the geneva convention?

Name: Eowan
Rank: Supreme Carrot Thrower, Commander of the Carebears and Captain of the 3rd Mechanised Tardigrade Brigade.
Number: 316663

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic