illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can this be fair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 09:32
Originally posted by Dak Dak wrote:

I felt the process to surrendering was pretty straightforward. In game message the alliance leader that you're at war with and state that you want no part in this war and surrender. Where you went wrong was making a scene in global chat. That should've been handled privately. 

I left the alliance because I wanted no part in this war. Ample time to leave should've been given to allow members to leave before declaring war. I also didn't like how attacks were sent at a member for surrendering. 

This is what should have happened. You chose not to. 
Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 09:38
Originally posted by Spartacus Spartacus wrote:

People should read the Geneva Conventions on the treatment of non-combatents in war. These guys claim that they are improving Illy by playing a military 'aesthetic'. They are not - its a bully, terrorist aesthetic they're playing. People are leaving not joining. Congratulations to Faydwen for making a stand. The usual chorus of people have piled on with the usual tripe - 'we told you we'd smash you if you showed the slightest spunk and now we're going to do so'. People are leaving in droves.

Time to wake up people. Don't walk away in silence. If you are going to leave , attack first.

I AM SPARTACUS

There's absolutely no hope of my towns being able to defend against their onslaught. They are attacking me with multiple people, all of whom are attacking with multiple armies. All of whom each have at least one town, if not more, that have more population than my entire collection of 6 put together.

At this point they are simply actively trying to remove me from the game simply because there's no challenge for them to do so.

As I mentioned before I did request, multiple times in global chat, and in private messages for peace. I wanted no part of the conflict, and had nothing to do with it to begin with. I wasn't even able to touch a computer while the hostilities were created. Which is the whole reason I mention the hurricane to begin with Malek. Not sure why you can't understand that fact.

In my eyes taking it to the point that they are doing is indeed removing yet another person from the game. Who will certainly not be recommending that her friends play it as well.

I joined the game knowing full well there would be combat. There's a difference though between fighting a good fight, enjoying the encounter, winning or losing, and a tank rolling over a church mouse trapped in a mouse trap.

Newer players like myself are the life blood of any online game. When you start removing them from the game, you eventually run out of them, and the game dies.

Yeah, I am making a big stink out of it because I have spent a lot of time to get to where I am, and there's zero hope of being able to counter what they are doing. It was though kinda funny that they got mad when I offered to pay mercs millions of gold to help me out.

Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 09:39
Originally posted by Malek Malek wrote:

Originally posted by Dak Dak wrote:

I felt the process to surrendering was pretty straightforward. In game message the alliance leader that you're at war with and state that you want no part in this war and surrender. Where you went wrong was making a scene in global chat. That should've been handled privately. 

I left the alliance because I wanted no part in this war. Ample time to leave should've been given to allow members to leave before declaring war. I also didn't like how attacks were sent at a member for surrendering. 

This is what should have happened. You chose not to. 

I requested peace 7 times Malek. 7. I left the alliance as soon as I figured out how to.
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:14
Since the signing of the Geneva Convention can you name one signatory that has conformed to it?
Kaggen is my human half
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:52
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Since the signing of the Geneva Convention can you name one signatory that has conformed to it?
There are, in fact, Four Geneva Conventions and Three additional protocols. Countries known to comply are in their hundreds and include:
  • Armenia
  • Austrailia (although delegates were suspected of being drunk at the time of signing)
  • Austria...
  • ... Fairy Roads Authority (using gossamer ink)...
  • ... Order of The Trout (by proxy)...
  • Oman
  • Portugal...
  • Slaves to Armok...
...to name but a few Big smile.

On the subject of whether the leaders of TA2IN and also SIN and LOKI  are conducting themselves in a fair and honourable manner - other than saying that their actions speak for themselves I have no comment to make.

Edited by OssianII - 20 Sep 2017 at 10:53
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:58
Originally posted by Stukahh Stukahh wrote:

Faydwen you are in violation of the Code of Conduct 

Forum rule 5

"Public posting of private messages between fellow players or players and Illyriad staff is prohibited. This includes discussions of warnings and suspensions of both game and forum accounts."

Perhaps you should review the Code of Conduct prior to accusing SIN of violating it.  No one is forcing you to do anything.  Account sitting as per terms of surrender has been going on for years in Illyriad.  

If you do not want to agree to the terms then a "no" is suffice.  We will continue our military campaign against your account.  

Last time I checked "not being fair" was not listed in the CoC violations

We are free use all of the game mechanics at our disposal to engage with you.

Stukahh

where did she post the igm? im not seeing it, im just seeing a description in her own words, but hey you guys are always right. 
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:28
OP has been edited to remove the violation.

Originally had a link to google docs with private messages copied onto it.

Faydwen,  please do not send igms to me.  I refuse to communicate with you in good faith knowing you will share them publicly.

Stukahh

Edited by Stukahh - 20 Sep 2017 at 12:30
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:49

Faydwen,  please do not send igms to me.  I refuse to communicate with you in good faith knowing you will share them publicly.

Stukahh

Link was broken and unusable.

Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 13:03
Originally posted by Celebrant Celebrant wrote:

Stukahh

Link was broken and unusable.

It worked as I looked at it myself. I can tell you the name of the person that wrote it. 
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 13:08
I know who signed it and who apparently abide, what I asked was name one which actually abides by it.
Kaggen is my human half
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic