illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can this be fair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Lyken View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 04:48
Originally posted by Malek Malek wrote:

This all starts and ends with you Lyken, this is the havoc you are and cocbold are leaving in your wake. You could have made this all go away, you chose not to and are happy to throw as many people in front of you as you can, like faydwen. 

Feel free to spin it however suits your needs, Malek. A man isn't to blame for defending his home, even if those who seek to wrest it from him take to torching the rest of the city around it.

Sister Nikki View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 04:51
Personally I do not believe anyone would help in the old Illyriad times, a player who's her alliance declared war on another and after complaining about the war. Case closed for me.

Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 05:05
Originally posted by Sister Nikki Sister Nikki wrote:

Personally I do not believe anyone would help in the old Illyriad times, a player who's her alliance declared war on another and after complaining about the war. Case closed for me.

Who has also requested peace multiple times in multiple ways, and stated repeatedly that she wants no part in this conflict, had nothing to do with it, and wasn't even present or even able to be present during the beginning of the hostilities, or plans for hostilities.

Their only response for terms of surrender are seen in the google document. All offers of gold and trade goods were ignored when offered in global and private chats. Including an offer of gold in the mail chain that is linked.

Instead they want access to my account as a term of surrender which I am rather certain is indeed a violation of the rules somewhere. I can't think of a single other online game that has ever permitted people demanding account access of others in pvp situations.

I have asked the GMs for clarification on this fact.
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 05:21
Faydwen you are in violation of the Code of Conduct 

Forum rule 5

"Public posting of private messages between fellow players or players and Illyriad staff is prohibited. This includes discussions of warnings and suspensions of both game and forum accounts."

Perhaps you should review the Code of Conduct prior to accusing SIN of violating it.  No one is forcing you to do anything.  Account sitting as per terms of surrender has been going on for years in Illyriad.  

If you do not want to agree to the terms then a "no" is suffice.  We will continue our military campaign against your account.  

Last time I checked "not being fair" was not listed in the CoC violations

We are free use all of the game mechanics at our disposal to engage with you.

Stukahh
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 05:25
I think you're missing the cause and effect chain of events here Faydwen. Now I wasn't around much the last few days so I could be missing parts of it, but this is what I see... 

1 - Hucbold decided to endanger his entire alliance and everyone willing to help him by declaring war on TA2IN knowing there was no chance to win it or even survive it. He did this on behalf of a player that was only in his alliance a very short time that he recruited knowing the player was already mid-conflict with TA2IN over a useless silversteel mine his pride was unable to give up.
2 - Your alliance, a supposed training alliance?! decided to jump in with Hucbold and declared war on TA2IN knowing there was no chance to win it or even survive it.
3 - You decided you didn't want to be part of this war and left your alliance. Logical action in my opinion. But not knowing you had to officially surrender and meet terms, you just left silently and got sieged anyways.
4 - You tried to get people to recall the sieges and were told no. You tried to justify that you weren't allowed to be sieged due to weather and 8 month old status (btw, it's been 9 months and I'm only 4 days older than you in game). The people you messaged weren't interested in reasons on why they weren't allowed to siege you.
5 - You lost your sh*t and went to global chat and raised a fuss. This right here, is where you went wrong. In a scenario where you're already in trouble, don't make it worse on purpose by antagonizing your attackers. 
6 - After aggravating everyone in TA2IN, you decided to officially surrender. Of course the surrender terms are harsh now that you've raised a fuss. The harsher surrender terms aren't due to you being a noob (you're not, 9 months old is not a noob), nor are they due to the weather, nor due to who declared when you weren't around to agree or disagree. The harsher surrender terms are due to the antagonizing things you said in global chat.
7 - Instead of apologizing and having a level headed discussion with whoever gave you those harsh surrender terms about where you went wrong and how you've finally realized the error of your ways, you're now back to global chat and the forums to bitch some more. 

I think it's time to put your pride aside and try some good ole fashioned humility. Maybe it'll work, maybe not. What have you got to lose?

Additionally, I can't see any reason why asking for sitter is against the rules. Hacking your account and taking sitter would be against the rules. Stalking you onto facebook and threatening your grandma unless you give sitter would be against the rules. Saying you'll only be allowed to surrender after losing 1 city and giving sitter temporarily to view your mailbox is not something outside the scope of a sandbox game. You have 100% control over agreeing or not. Me personally, I would not give an enemy sitter rights on my account. Then again, I wouldn't be in your shoes in the first place.
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 05:28
I am guessing asking for sitter rights is to ensure compliance to surrender terms. I have seen many people surrender and then ignore terms. As a sitter they can then control terms such as troop disbanding, diplo disbanding, sov cancelling, gold and resource stocks. Again it is your right to accept or deny the terms. Thus if the idea bothers you of someone sitting your account refuse. I am guessing that is the reply you will get from the devs as well.
Kaggen is my human half
Dak View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 06:24
I felt the process to surrendering was pretty straightforward. In game message the alliance leader that you're at war with and state that you want no part in this war and surrender. Where you went wrong was making a scene in global chat. That should've been handled privately. 

I left the alliance because I wanted no part in this war. Ample time to leave should've been given to allow members to leave before declaring war. I also didn't like how attacks were sent at a member for surrendering. 
Spartacus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 09:05
People should read the Geneva Conventions on the treatment of non-combatents in war. These guys claim that they are improving Illy by playing a military 'aesthetic'. They are not - its a bully, terrorist aesthetic they're playing. People are leaving not joining. Congratulations to Faydwen for making a stand. The usual chorus of people have piled on with the usual tripe - 'we told you we'd smash you if you showed the slightest spunk and now we're going to do so'. People are leaving in droves.

Time to wake up people. Don't walk away in silence. If you are going to leave , attack first.

I AM SPARTACUS

Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 09:22
This game slowly, but surely,  in front of the developers becomes polygon for bullying Sleepy
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 09:30
Originally posted by Spartacus Spartacus wrote:

People should read the Geneva Conventions on the treatment of non-combatents in war. These guys claim that they are improving Illy by playing a military 'aesthetic'. They are not - its a bully, terrorist aesthetic they're playing. People are leaving not joining. Congratulations to Faydwen for making a stand. The usual chorus of people have piled on with the usual tripe - 'we told you we'd smash you if you showed the slightest spunk and now we're going to do so'. People are leaving in droves.

Time to wake up people. Don't walk away in silence. If you are going to leave , attack first.

I AM SPARTACUS

Coming from the bloke that attacks one of his own players for surrendering and was a non combatant. Nice job hypocrite. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic