illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can this be fair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 20:14
Not being a military player I don't agree with everything that they say or do however as Eresh has said one of the major features of this game is the abundance of sources of information about pretty much everything in the game. Illy is not a simple game, it is a complex system of interacting subsystems. This is a necessary part (well I can't think of any other way of doing it) of trying to produce a game that allows players to follow different styles in their play.

To be able to fully take part in the game you do need to develop at least a basic understanding of those various subsystems. Military players need to have a basic understanding of how hunting and crafting works so they can anticipate what equipment is likely to be available to enhance their troops abilities. Likewise the hunter/crafter needs to be able to appreciate what equipment is most likely to be wanted by the military players so they can decide which NPCs to hunt and which rare resources to gather.

Being a multiplayer game Illy requires quite a large amount of interaction with other players and in my opinion it provides a wide range of options on how to do that in game from General, Alliance and Private chats, In Game Messages and the Forums. Each of those is suitable for exchanging various types of info and everyone should take the time to familiarize themselves with them so they can decide which is the most appropriate for a particular situation. For me the chats are mainly for general chat, asking/answering general questions (private chat can be useful for asking/answering slightly more specific questions). Forums are good for creating permanent records of things and providing sources that are available to all. IGMs are for me the workhorse - they provide a permanent record of discussions between two parties and for any form of negotiation should (in my opinion) be the medium of choice.

If at any time I need to contact an alliance the first thing I do is read their main alliance page. There are often various names provided on there showing who to contact for various reasons. If there aren't then I look at the highest ranking members and will select one that I know I've seen about in GC as they are the most likely to respond in a timely fashion. This is how I've contacted various alliances since the first day I joined Illy.

Sorry if this is a bit rambling but I'm not known for my linguistic abilities.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic