illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can this be fair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can this be fair?
    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 03:41
Hello folks!

Okay, so a bit of history here: I joined the game some 8 months ago or so. Presently I have 6 towns with a total population of 23,000 and some change. Nothing spectacular for sure. But I have worked hard for my gains.

I joined a "training" alliance called the Screaming Valkeries back in January in hopes to learn the game a bit more. Unfortunately, it wasn't much of a training alliance, though they did answer questions, it wasn't a structured experience, and didn't provide a lot of information forthright.

Along comes September, and with it, Hurricane Irma. I was forced to evacuate my home as I was in a mandatory evacuation zone. During the time that I was away. Which has been the entire month now, the alliance Aesir declares war on TA2IN.

My alliance SV, apparently also declared against them, though I did not see it in the news section before I left. The one I did see though was SIN declaring war against SV.

When I was able to touch a computer again these past couple days I come back to find that I have one huge army sitting outside of my town Qeynos which houses half of my 20k population for my entire account. Quickly I began asking around, and they suggest I leave the alliance, so I did.

But that has not helped anything since SIN is now claiming a "PPP" policy, which basically means they persue you anyway. I asked for peace 7 different times in private messages, and in global chat and all of them were refused. Flustered and frustrated with what I perceive as bullying a newer or vastly weaker player I got angry and called them out on their atrocious ways on global chat. People kept telling me to use IGM. but being new I thought that meant in game message, which I had assumed I had already done through private message.

Well, so I was wrong, and I sent an in game mail once i learned of the error and still they make ridiculous demands for peace against someone that has nothing to do with, nor wants anything to do with, the war they are presently involved with.

They want access to my account through "sitting" rights, and half of my entire progress in the game for nothing. I have never taken a hostile action be it militarily, diplomatically, magically, nor comercially against a single active player in my entire time playing the game.

I would happily fight if I was fighting an equally, or even a 10k population higher player, but I am being assaulted by 8 people, the smallest of which has magnitudes more power than I do.

So I ask yall, is this the game? How are new players supposed to stand a chance if they get wiped out just as they finally start getting towns in the 9k and 10k population range? I have two towns with any population to speak of. Kelethin and Qeynos.

Anyway, their terms of surrender were that I give them sitting rights to my account and lose half of my progress in the game. How is it not against the rules to demand access to someone's account?

Edited by Faydwen - 20 Sep 2017 at 08:49
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 03:51
Your alliance declared war. You, as a soldier, have been targeted. You don't need to have taken any hostile action, because declaring war says it all.

Had you just politely mailed the enemy and asked for a surrender, they probably would have let you off easy. Instead, you made a giant drama fest in GC and now here. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 03:53
Listen, I dont know how many times you have to be told. This has nothing to do with the hurricane. This has to do with your stupid actions in GC upon your return. 

You went out of your way to make a scene, you could not apporoach me or jejune on the side like Gwendalynn did you had to make a scene for yourself. 

You were out there telling everyone that people will help you, I guess they turned you down, or you were lying in the first place. 

On behalf of the sindicate, the deal that was in place is now off the cards. Reap what you sow. 
Bulani View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 03:55
I would start your complaints with the alliances who involved you in a conflict you never wanted. There are consequences to actions and you got caught up. Sucks, but it happens. Have you asked SV or Aesir to defend you? They seem to be very confident in their abilities. 
Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 04:01
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Your alliance declared war. You, as a soldier, have been targeted. You don't need to have taken any hostile action, because declaring war says it all.

Had you just politely mailed the enemy and asked for a surrender, they probably would have let you off easy. Instead, you made a giant drama fest in GC and now here. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Hey there, thank you for your response!

I did infact politely ask them what was going on when I returned to the game, and they insisted on continuing the fight. As I mentioned in my post above. When I learned what people meant when they said IGM, I did indeed send a game mail, which I copied into a google doc for everyone to read.

I did reach out in private messages politely at first, and frustratedly later on. As I mentioned in my lengthy post above.

Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 04:03
Originally posted by Malek Malek wrote:

Listen, I dont know how many times you have to be told. This has nothing to do with the hurricane. This has to do with your stupid actions in GC upon your return. 

You went out of your way to make a scene, you could not apporoach me or jejune on the side like Gwendalynn did you had to make a scene for yourself. 

You were out there telling everyone that people will help you, I guess they turned you down, or you were lying in the first place. 

On behalf of the sindicate, the deal that was in place is now off the cards. Reap what you sow. 

Hello there Malek. I did indeed approach you in global chat peacefully at first when people suggested your name. I then sent private messages to the armies enroute.

I mention the hurricane only because I was not here as a result of it, and thus unaware of anything that was going on in game. I bring it now to the forums because you and your confederation have made outrageous peace demands. Denying my offer of gold and trade goods.
Lyken View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 04:04
In the past Illyriad, players in your situation would be taken in and protected by a third party, usually without penalty. Today's Illyriad is proving to be a different game it seems. All those who might've once stood up for you are either too inactive to care, or too worried about painting a target on themselves. I'd offer to speak on your behalf, but I'm already a target, and doubt they would deign to be reasonable or respectful.

I should say that any player attempting to wrest control of your account via sitting rights should not be allowed. I don't care how benign they believe it to be, that transcends the bounds of normal game mechanics, and should be viewed as harassment, just as coercion of prestige would be. 'Buy me 60GBP of prestige or else' and 'give me (limited, but meaningful) access to your account or else' both have RL implications. While the former goes without saying, the latter means being forced off your account for a period of time, and incidentally gives them access to any prestige items you might have accrued.

Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 04:04
Originally posted by Bulani Bulani wrote:

I would start your complaints with the alliances who involved you in a conflict you never wanted. There are consequences to actions and you got caught up. Sucks, but it happens. Have you asked SV or Aesir to defend you? They seem to be very confident in their abilities. 

I agree fully! I wish I had known this was in the plans, I would have dropped out before that happened. I have spoken to Aesir members and I tried to reach out to the last remaining SV member. I have not received a response from the latter yet.
Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 04:09
Originally posted by Lyken Lyken wrote:

In the past Illyriad, players in your situation would be taken in and protected by a third party, usually without penalty. Today's Illyriad is proving to be a different game it seems. All those who might've once stood up for you are either too inactive to care, or too worried about painting a target on themselves. I'd offer to speak on your behalf, but I'm already a target, and doubt they would deign to be reasonable or respectful.

I should say that any player attempting to wrest control of your account via sitting rights should not be allowed. I don't care how benign they believe it to be, that transcends the bounds of normal game mechanics, and should be viewed as harassment, just as coercion of prestige would be. 'Buy me 60GBP of prestige or else' and 'give me (limited, but meaningful) access to your account or else' both have RL implications. While the former goes without saying, the latter means being forced off your account for a period of time, and incidentally gives them access to any prestige items you might have accrued.

Exactly! Them asking for sitting rights is beyond reasonable. This is one of the reasons I have brought it to the forums. That can't be within the rules of the game can it?
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 04:36
Originally posted by Lyken Lyken wrote:

Thats exactly right, which is what I had to do for gwendalynn after she quit aesir and your own alliance mate hucbold who declared the war and probably did so from SV and changed it to I am Spartacus, decided to attack gwen for leaving. I had to arrange protection for her. 

Its irrelevant that it was a feint, how was I or gwen to know that when he sent the troops, its the fact he sent it in the first place, let alone the traitor medal he gave her. 

This all starts and ends with you Lyken, this is the havoc you are and cocbold are leaving in your wake. You could have made this all go away, you chose not to and are happy to throw as many people in front of you as you can, like faydwen. 

Edited by GM Cerberus - 20 Sep 2017 at 20:01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic