illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can this be fair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can this be fair?
    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 20:14
Not being a military player I don't agree with everything that they say or do however as Eresh has said one of the major features of this game is the abundance of sources of information about pretty much everything in the game. Illy is not a simple game, it is a complex system of interacting subsystems. This is a necessary part (well I can't think of any other way of doing it) of trying to produce a game that allows players to follow different styles in their play.

To be able to fully take part in the game you do need to develop at least a basic understanding of those various subsystems. Military players need to have a basic understanding of how hunting and crafting works so they can anticipate what equipment is likely to be available to enhance their troops abilities. Likewise the hunter/crafter needs to be able to appreciate what equipment is most likely to be wanted by the military players so they can decide which NPCs to hunt and which rare resources to gather.

Being a multiplayer game Illy requires quite a large amount of interaction with other players and in my opinion it provides a wide range of options on how to do that in game from General, Alliance and Private chats, In Game Messages and the Forums. Each of those is suitable for exchanging various types of info and everyone should take the time to familiarize themselves with them so they can decide which is the most appropriate for a particular situation. For me the chats are mainly for general chat, asking/answering general questions (private chat can be useful for asking/answering slightly more specific questions). Forums are good for creating permanent records of things and providing sources that are available to all. IGMs are for me the workhorse - they provide a permanent record of discussions between two parties and for any form of negotiation should (in my opinion) be the medium of choice.

If at any time I need to contact an alliance the first thing I do is read their main alliance page. There are often various names provided on there showing who to contact for various reasons. If there aren't then I look at the highest ranking members and will select one that I know I've seen about in GC as they are the most likely to respond in a timely fashion. This is how I've contacted various alliances since the first day I joined Illy.

Sorry if this is a bit rambling but I'm not known for my linguistic abilities.
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 19:29
Originally posted by tester101 tester101 wrote:

You didnt cap any cities, knew right away you needed to start an alt for feeding and no one sent you any res? Your just that good lol.

Of course I capped cities, knew I needed an alt, and got sent res. What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand? You're saying you need 7-10 accounts (your "brother, sister, mom, dad, grandparents, gf, and maid") to feed troops. I'm saying you don't. 

Everyone has the option to cap cities. If their alliance doesn't allow it it's their problem being in that alliance.

Everyone has the option to create an alt. If they don't opt to do that it's their problem for being lazy or being content with only 1 account and it's production capabilities.

Everyone has the option to ask for res from their alliance or gc. I've never seen anyone ask for res and not get it. 

Everyone has the option to join an alliance that will teach how to play the game beyond "log on once a week and click 4 buttons and log back off again". 

Everyone has the option to read gc where things like this are discussed ad naseum every day if their alliance sucks too bad to teach it. 

Everyone has the option to read the forums and guides and blogs and websites where everything from "how do I build a storehouse?" to "which equipment is best against x enemy on y terrain?" can be learned for those in alliances too sucky to teach it and who are also not around to read it in gc.

NO ONE is playing at a handicap on Illyriad. ALL information, opportunities, and possibilities are available for EVERY SINGLE PLAYER. People need to get over themselves and seize it, or quit crying when they don't have it. 
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 19:04
The housecat does not toy with the mouse because it is hungry.

Learn to fight, or learn to play dead.

*Ten Kulch does not endorse grief play, but thinks it is foolish to deny its existence on the Internet.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 17:41
Wow. Is this meant as entertainment? What is the reason you keep on complaining Faydwen? It looks like it won't have any beneficial result for you. To me it sounds like you're just nerdraging. That's amusing for all of us reading this from the sideline, but it's getting embarassing. 

I'll give you some free advise that comes from a completely neutral source: 

• First of all, you can't be removed from the game. You could get noob-ringed, but you'll have to push people very far to get there. I'm pretty sure you can still avoid that, even without giving sitting rights away. Work on your negotiation skills. 
  • If you think you made too many too strong enemies just abandon and create new accounts,take your loss and start over. If you lay low you don't make much enemies in this game. Or look for vengeance. Find allies with the same goals and try as hard as you can. You'll find out you can become a worthy opponent within a year when you have the right mindset and dedication.
  • Settle or exo your towns in an area where you have allies around you and no enemies. Most of elgea is save i think.
  • By complaining and crying you're only placing yourself opposite of the ones you want to negotiate with. It won't bring you where you want to be. You'll probably find people who agree with you, but that won't change your situation, so if you want to change your situation, keep your complains to yourself. At least if you still want to save your account.
  • Last point of advise: if you think the game mechanics are unfair for newer players and you think the more experienced players are generally jerks, just find another game to play. You're here to have fun I assume. I'm sure you can find in game friends around here, but that's hard when you keep spending time making enemies.

Bulani View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 17:20
Fay, sometimes we all pay for our associations. A solider on the battlefield rarely gets to pick the enemy. Is it fair.... Fundamentally no, but it's life. Soliders are still sent out and they still die and they never wanted to be there in the first place.

Your situation is even more straight forward. You choose to be a part of a non warring alliance, SV, and they took thier credo and threw it out the window and declared war. Is it fair, probably not, but it is what it is. Your friends started it. You compounded it by your ignorance and bluster. Now you are moving your cities as far as you can. Welcome to Illyriad!

Edited by Bulani - 21 Sep 2017 at 17:24
Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 16:47
Originally posted by Malek Malek wrote:

Originally posted by Spartacus Spartacus wrote:

Look at her profile. Look at her military rankings. Her only offence is standing up to a bully and instead of people cheering her on, people are telling her its her own fault. This game is now morally bankrupt.

That is exceptionally hypocritcal coming from you sucbold. This is the guy that called for a pile on, and when people came to help , he wont even help them himself. Everyone that you ask to help you will get burned. 

Now if she had approached me like Dak did, then none of this would happened. Gwen as well for that matter who you thought to attack for surrendering herself, so who is the morally bankrupt one here? 

Pull your head in. 

I asked for terms 7 times in global and private messages before I understood what people meant by IGM. YOU specifically even told me that if i left the alliance that would be fine for surrender in GC.

After I figured out how to leave the alliance and did so, you then recanted that and quoted a persuit policy.

Then yall are surprised i would be mad about something like that. When you tell someone that a certain move would allow them out of a situation and then don't follow through with that, it's pretty atrocious.

All of those requests were denied, and now you have wiped me out of the game with out a second thought. So, thank you for erasing everything of my game time for something I had nothing to do with, and wanted no part of.

The armies that showed up on my towns were larger than my entire population put together. There was no hope in defending against that. My only chance was to try to get mercs to help me out, which did not work, but making fun of me in GC for the attempt is another low blow by you and your people.

Now that I am wiped out, and clearly had no support, even your "maybe she's a sat account by Aesir" claims are moot. If I had the ability to defend myself I would have.

If I had the ability to fight back, I would have. I did defend as best I could, but when you are faced with multiple armies that are larger than everything you own in the game it's impossible. The game is time driven, a player with 6 years of game play will always defeat one with a few months. My largest army was 1,400 soldiers. The smallest army that I saw the numbers of, was 7,000+ strong. All of my soldiers combined between my towns was 1900. Even if i had been able to combine all of them, i wouldn't have even be able to defend against just one of the 20 armies that were sent against me.

It's just sickening that you would do this to an innocent person. Yes, I am innocent. I have literally never taken hostile actions against any active accounts in the game. Most of my attack points come from this conflict, and the rest come from taking a town from an abandoned account.

I am just boggled by what you and your people truly sought to gain by removing me from the game. If i had had say a bunch of valuable cities, or resources, or anything of worth, then sure I would get that. If I was involved with the conflict, or hostility against you, yeah I would get that too.

Now you're gonna claim that my getting mad at yall is the reason you wiped me out. Sure, okay, but if you were in my shoes you would have been mad too. As you were faced with a situation you had nothing to do with, and could do nothing to defend yourself against.

Edited by Faydwen - 21 Sep 2017 at 17:01
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:48
Originally posted by Spartacus Spartacus wrote:

Look at her profile. Look at her military rankings. Her only offence is standing up to a bully and instead of people cheering her on, people are telling her its her own fault. This game is now morally bankrupt.

That is exceptionally hypocritcal coming from you sucbold. This is the guy that called for a pile on, and when people came to help , he wont even help them himself. Everyone that you ask to help you will get burned. 

Now if she had approached me like Dak did, then none of this would happened. Gwen as well for that matter who you thought to attack for surrendering herself, so who is the morally bankrupt one here? 

Pull your head in. 

Spartacus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:40
Faydwen View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faydwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 04:59
Originally posted by Hobblez Hobblez wrote:

Originally posted by Faydwen Faydwen wrote:

There's absolutely no hope of my towns being able to defend against their onslaught. They are attacking me with multiple people, all of whom are attacking with multiple armies. All of whom each have at least one town, if not more, that have more population than my entire collection of 6 put together.

Well that's a load of BS, even with your newly lowered population your "6" have a population of 22k+ pop, my highest pop is just under 17k...also just took a quick look at the top 3 players in [SIN] aka the alliance that is sieging you and the highest pop city amongst those 3 players is 17.5k....maybe your exaggerations and manipulation of the truth to fund your own cause is why no one is feeling sorry for you....

Please note that you even said it yourself in your post. One of their cities has a population nearly equal or higher than the population of my entire collection of cities put together.

I have 8k population across 6 cities as of now. TOTAL, not 8k in each of the cities, but 8,000 population divided up between 6 cities.

Each one of them have a town close to or above 17k, and then additional towns beyond that with also high numbers.

Edited by Faydwen - 21 Sep 2017 at 05:30
tester101 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 03:50
Originally posted by Eresh Eresh wrote:

Originally posted by tester101 tester101 wrote:

I think we both knows it goes beyond that :P I have brother , sister, mom , dad, grandparents, gf, maid all playing from my house!

Your inability to follow rules and feed your account with 1 alt + harvesting/crafting/trading/sieging/whatever is not our problem. I started 5 days before the OP and started my alt 2 months after that. I have over a billion gold stored in my trade hub. 

You didnt cap any cities, knew right away you needed to start an alt for feeding and no one sent you any res? Your just that good lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic