illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Counting ten sqs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 19:29
Zoom out to /10. The map will be 21 squares across. Each point of the cross is exactly 10 squares away. It's easy to imagine a circle that touches the edges of the map. If it's close, count the squares sideways and vertical. If (S*S)+(V*V) > 100 then it's clear.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 15:40
I was far from good at math, but I always use the pythagorean theorem for this. In most cases it's not even necessary to know the exact outcome.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 15:48
Originally posted by Eresh Eresh wrote:

http://www.digioso.org/dilly_tools/illy_distance.pl

Put both coords in, press submit, win :D
this is what i use to "count" ten sqs
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 02:01
Originally posted by Captain Kindly Captain Kindly wrote:

I was far from good at math, but I always use the pythagorean theorem for this. In most cases it's not even necessary to know the exact outcome.
thanks, CK. i was beginning to wonder what sort of maths-crazed school i attended.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic