Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Resistance against Ta2in// SS dealer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 00:24
silversteel is so 2014.
Bulani View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 00:31
Did TK just compare Ta2in to the Prohibition movement and the DeBeers scandal??? WAAAAA????
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 00:44
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

10K ... endorse

Endorse is a strong word. It suggests that I enthusiastically embrace the objective, and that I am in a position where that would actually be relevant. Find interesting, yes. I find the De Beers diamond monopoly interesting, but I do not necessarily endorse it. I find the history of Prohibition to be interesting, but I do not endorse bootleggers.

YARR! officially supports bootleggers. I will gladly buy all the rum. Or steal. Either/or.
Binky the Berserker View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binky the Berserker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 09:53
this sounds like something those trade alliances should be worrying about. is it time for them to join hands and form a trade (con)federation?

great to see the current events. could make the game finally fun again.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 14:01
Originally posted by Bulani Bulani wrote:

Did TK just compare Ta2in to the Prohibition movement and the DeBeers scandal??? WAAAAA????

No, I compared it to the mafia.

It's just a comparison. I think you're all good fellas.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 11:38
Who cares really? (well apparently some do)

This is only Silversteel, a mineral used for crafting commander stuff.

Which also needs salts.

I am amazed how He-Man managed to goad y'all...
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 12:06
I think a lot of folks are seeing this as possibly a 'thin end of the wedge' situation where military style players will no longer be content with having battles with other military style players but will eventually insist on dictating all aspects of the game.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 14:55
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

I think a lot of folks are seeing this as possibly a 'thin end of the wedge' situation where military style players will no longer be content with having battles with other military style players but will eventually insist on dictating all aspects of the game.

LONDON, Reuters. 08 August 2017. Today, De Beers controls 95% of the world's diamond jewelry market. Public inquiry has risen in recent days, out of fears that if De Beers can manipulate the price of wedding rings, that this represents the "thin edge of the wedge", wherein they will soon rise to global domination of all commodities, and eventually rule the world. Hysteria broke out in chat channels across the world, with citizens fearing that their current comfortable system of 0.25% of the player base dictating all their viable behaviors might be replaced with a new system where only 0.05% of the player base dictates all their viable participation options. In the markets, the price of food, stone, and Trove have risen 0.6% in after hours trading.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 16:58
Lmfao. And you think we do not already control how you play the game?
Kaggen is my human half
Djehuti View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 01:12
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

LONDON, Reuters. 08 August 2017. Today, De Beers controls 95% of the world's diamond jewelry market. Public inquiry has risen in recent days, out of fears that if De Beers can manipulate the price of wedding rings, that this represents the "thin edge of the wedge", wherein they will soon rise to global domination of all commodities, and eventually rule the world. Hysteria broke out in chat channels across the world, with citizens fearing that their current comfortable system of 0.25% of the player base dictating all their viable behaviors might be replaced with a new system where only 0.05% of the player base dictates all their viable participation options. In the markets, the price of food, stone, and Trove have risen 0.6% in after hours trading.

Heh, good point made there by Ten, and an amusing read too Smile

The primary difference in how it was before VS how it is now seems to be in the attitude by which its being handled. People seemed more content when the SS was being controlled by a group of well liked players/alliances who monopolized the market less abrasively, opposed to this new vie for control by a group less liked by the majority who are doing it will a more open '**** everyone else' persona.

If the DEVs wanted SS to be made easily available to all, they'd have prolly made more SS mines. The fact that there are so few suggests that this rare and potentially valuable resources is meant to be fought over.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic