illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

System Tourney Messages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System Tourney Messages
    Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 14:47
Does anyone have logs of the recent system messages? Please post them here with the date/time they appeared so we can start to work out the full timeline. Even if you only have 1 or 2 that would be great.
Thanks
-Eowan

Known messages so far:
19th July
[00:01]<System> the faint smell of sulfur wafts across the landscape from the south.

20th July
[22:38]<System> An ill wind blows in from the south.

21st July
[21:31]<System> The earth quivers below. Tiny pebbles gently hop and dance on cobblestone roads as birds fly panicked, flushed from their trees by the quaking earth. The tremor only lasts a few moments, dissipating as abruptly as it had arrived.

27th-ish July
[20:36] From the south, a cacophonous boom rings out across the landscape. Commoners scream in horror as the ground shakes violently beneath them. The sky, only moments before the calm purple of dawn, now blazes a brilliant and unnatural bright orange-red; as if the horizon burns with fire.

28th-ish July
[16:21]<System> A feeling of dread washes over the populace; Nobles and peasants alike encounter the sensation, and it permeates down to the marrow.

Edited by eowan the short - 30 Jul 2017 at 16:57
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 14:48
[13:33]<PublicRelations> the only one I have is this one: [21:31]<System> The earth quivers below. Tiny pebbles gently hop and dance on cobblestone roads as birds fly panicked, flushed from their trees by the quaking earth. The tremor only lasts a few moments, dissipating as abruptly as it had arrived.
[13:34]<Kimmyeo> day before yesterday: [16:21]<System> A feeling of dread washes over the populace; Nobles and peasants alike encounter the sensation, and it permeates down to the marrow.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 14:51
July 27ish
[20:36] From the south, a cacophonous boom rings out across the landscape. Commoners scream in horror as the ground shakes violently beneath them. The sky, only moments before the calm purple of dawn, now blazes a brilliant and unnatural bright orange-red; as if the horizon burns with fire.
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Millia36 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millia36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 15:20
July 20
[22:38]<System> An ill wind blows in from the south.

July 21
[21:31]<System> The earth quivers below. Tiny pebbles gently hop and dance on cobblestone roads as birds fly panicked, flushed from their trees by the quaking earth. The tremor only lasts a few moments, dissipating as abruptly as it had arrived.
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 16:21
In case you guys aren't paying attention, The Tower (https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/538/-2936) is sending out a LOT more troops now in Calumnex and they're leaving the island it sits on as well. 

The Tower troops are also porting into Ursor via The Rift (https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/533/835) which are travelling in, currently, 3 directions away from it in groups and setting up occupations to the north, south, and east.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 22:04
Just noticed:

Both have 538 as the first coordinate... is it something?
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 22:22
Maybe the devs just scrolled up to northern elgea to place the rift after placing the tower (or vice versa) so they could have one in the north and one in the south. I doubt it's significant otherwise.

Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 15:56
I've seen two reports from others in Calumnex over the past two days (Aug-1, Aug-2) who were hit by the Tower faction while they were on their rounds.

Stukahh was hit by a smaller group of 62 while TooFarGone encountered a party of 695.  I seems TFG's find was a little larger than what we've seen in the past from this faction?  I'd be happy to accumulate reports if you want to forward them to me and I'll share any observations with the forum community.

Happy faction hunting!

Wartow
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 17:31
Has anyone considered that this might also just be the next step in taking faction AI to a live state? Starting with the -95 faction makes sense, as they just want to fight everyone anyway.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 17:53
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Has anyone considered that this might also just be the next step in taking faction AI to a live state? Starting with the -95 faction makes sense, as they just want to fight everyone anyway.

That could be so, the tower have always been a bit active but this is a step up.
however I have never seen them port out of the rift before, this is new I'm sure.
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic