illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower Faction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Djehuti View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 01:47
As Tens mentioned, if the faction is hostile towards you, then you have a good chance of being attacked by them the closer your cities are to their hubs. They attack anyone, pres purchases or not. Once the DEVs finish the faction AI, there should be a way to increase standings with different factions, and therefore stop the attacks from coming. However, as that AI has not been completed, all one can do to not be attacked is not place their cities by hostile faction hubs.

Consider Slaying Runes, as well as Runemasters Grounding, to help relieve the attacks made directly against your city. Harvesters near hostile faction hubs should be guarded by armies.

The Tower/Omen faction troops may only be being more aggressive right now due to the upcoming event/tournament (or whatever those mysterious system messages are hinting towards). After that event is over, the faction hostility may drop down again (tho cant be certain).
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 05:09
Thank you, finally got a meaningful answer.

Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 05:50
Would I be safer in Farahards?
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 09:40
You would be safer in Elgea. There is a very dangerous player run faction in BL
Kaggen is my human half
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 13:05
I have many cities (10) between me and my alt. Moving them would knock both of us down thousands of pop points. They are small to large towns. I was thinking of making them runemaster cities with the towers and other bldgs that are needed. Does this strike you as a viable option? What spells should I cast as I am getting hit with Mages from Tower Faction? Ty
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 14:10
Originally posted by Djehuti Djehuti wrote:

Consider Slaying Runes, as well as Runemasters Grounding, to help relieve the attacks made directly against your city. Harvesters near hostile faction hubs should be guarded by armies.

The wise silent one answered your question about which spells to cast to help with NPC factions.
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 15:42
maybe runes will work against other factions, but the shadowmages from the tower bypass runes. at least they did at my town.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 22:28
The best defense on mountainous terrain would be t1 elite divisions of ranged troops with say clothed backed leather and marksmens bows. for offensive ops, infantry are best against mages but a lot depends on terrain. Being behind a nice wall helps too.
Djehuti View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 02:16
Ah, yes, I did not consider that - Corwin is correct, the Runes wont have an effect on The Tower units, as they are classified as Undead (which bypass runes).

Seems the most viable option left would be to level your wall up, and maybe leave an army or two in the city equip with defensive gear (either terrain specific or bonuses VS undead).

Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 06:13

Anyone seen any other factions doing unusual things? The Tower npcs have been attacking (from the summoning place) every harvesting spot I have in Ursor plus occasionally one of my towns. But, also, Blood Reavers suddenly have started dropping by my harvesting spots and passing on. That used to happen occasionally but now happens almost daily.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic