illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower Faction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower Faction
    Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 14:55
What is the Tower Faction Army in BL that keeps destroying my gatherers? Are they like NPC's put out by the system? Ty 
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 18:21
Some of the Factions are 'active'. This means that their actions depend on their attitude towards both you and your alliance. They may attack everything belonging to you or they may help you (although I've never seen that). If you are in an area that a faction who hates you is active then you are going to be attacked. Below is an interactive map I made that shows where I have spotted various faction troop encampments.

https://www.factionaction.dewt.me.uk/html/index2.html

Edited by Tensmoor - 27 Jul 2017 at 18:30
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 00:31
I know what they do. My question is what are they? Are they other players? The System? Developers?
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 03:03
What happened in GC in regards to this faction?  I can only assume that their hub is having a sale?  Did they cut taxes on sales?  

Here is what an unnamed member of the same alliance as I has to report:

[27 Jul 20:47]<JodaMyth> [20:36]<System> From the south, a cacophonous boom rings out across the landscape. Commoners scream in horror as the ground shakes violently beneath them. The sky, only moments before the calm purple of dawn, now blazes a brilliant and unnatural bright orange-red; as if the horizon burns with fire.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 03:30
Faction troops are NPCs.
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 05:11
Thank you Rill, can always count on you to drop the dramatics and tell it like it is.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 12:50
And you can count on me to be minimally helpful!
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 23:00
Originally posted by Antivirus Antivirus wrote:

Thank you Rill, can always count on you to drop the dramatics and tell it like it is.
this made me laugh.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 00:33
I take it that the <system> message in GC was real?

Edited by Dungshoveleux - 29 Jul 2017 at 00:34
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 00:47
Now that the humorous wise guys have picked themselves up off the floor from laughter, is there a solution to these attacks in Calumnex? What? Do they want me to move my cities? I have been repeatedly attacked and lost numerous gatherers and several armies. Now they are attacking my cities proper. Are these attacks happening against "prestige buyers" as well? I wonder.
I am looking for good solid advice, more than minimal! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic