illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some minor user-friendly changes...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 23:28
i would like to see these little projects and enhancements in a poll together with prestige costs.  if the prestige cost is paid then that item gets implemented by the devs.
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 02:38
A recall button would make it easier to avoid being scammed than it currently is, actually...

With recall option:
Party 1 - sends their goods/payment
Party 2 - sends their goods/payment
Party 1 - recalls after 89 seconds
Party 2 - sees this and also recalls, since he sent after party 1, he still has time to do so

--- or ---

Party 2 - sends their goods/payment
Party 1 - recalls after 89 seconds
Party 2 - isn't paying attention and so seeks revenge via diplo/military action, public shaming, whatever

--- or ---

Party 2 - decides to be a dick and doesn't send anything
Party 1 - recalls since they're getting ripped off

Current (no recall button):
Party 2 - decides to be a dick and doesn't send anything
Party 1 - seeks revenge via diplo/military action, public shaming, whatever

BUT either way you do it, if you don't trust the person you're privately trading with, you should use the built-in faction hubs for trades.

Edited by Eresh - 21 Jul 2017 at 02:41
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 02:51
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

i would like to see these little projects and enhancements in a poll together with prestige costs.  if the prestige cost is paid then that item gets implemented by the devs.

I would not like that, and would not contribute toward that pool. I have spent and will likely continue to spend (too much) money on this game because I like it, I want to support it, and I am an impatient player. Unfortunately I strongly dislike games that require you pay for updates. 

Unless it's a massive update as a rule I won't buy DLC or new updates for games. Take Diablo 3 for example. I paid for the original game. Reaper of Souls was a huge update so I was ok with paying for it as well. The new Necromancer class is not a huge update so I will not pay for it. If each minor patch Blizzard did to the game also required I pay, I would not be paying for those either.. and likely would not have bought the game in the first place.

I believe if developers want to keep people playing their game (and spending while playing it), they'll put in at least minimal effort to keep it fresh and entertaining without us having to pay them for their attention in addition to what we already spend while playing. And before anyone declares me entitled or cheap.. I don't believe they're obligated in any way to make updates. The game is free. What we see is what we get. But without any updates people get bored eventually and leave, and they lose their source of "voluntary" income.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 10:59
Once again I find myself agreeing with Eresh. Thumbs Up
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 16:51
Eresh,
Whilst I respect your point of view, please explain how waiting for the devs to do something is a better solution.  We are talking about a voluntary contribution system.  Prestige is not obligatory to play the game so it is not the same as pay to play.  What the proposal does do it is focus development on things players want.  There is no big difference between buying prestige to finish a city or speed an army up or god forbid contribute toward specifc development projects.  Illyriad is a niche game which currently doesn't generate enough cash to pay for development.  It pays its bills but that's it.  I'm suggesting a system to break the deadlock, not kill the game.  Get real!  You expect something for nothing!
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 23:41
On the contrary, I don't expect anything, you missed my last line or two I think. I posted suggestions, if they add them great, if they don't oh well. I'm not going to quit over not having them just like I'm not going to pay extra to get them added.

I firmly believe players are often the worst people to listen to when developing a game. They want whatever is convenient for their personal situation or experience and haven't thought out how it could negatively affect other players. Letting people buy changes would ruin the game faster than no changes.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 21:20
Added a tool that tells you the total res needed for production as you type the figures in. This was requested by Eresh in the original post (item 6).

rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 17:28
Nice... Thanks Tensmoor!

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic