illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lost Again (LOST) Alliance messages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Lost Avenger View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost Again (LOST) Alliance messages
    Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 05:41

UPDATE 2017/06/30 Threats through GC, IGM or PC.

Players using threatening language, subtle or otherwise will be ignored.

Solutions to problems can be found by using non-threatening communication. Learning to resolve problems without resorting to the use of threatening language, subtle or otherwise has real world benefits.

Players resorting to threatening language, subtle or otherwise, in my experience typically don't want to resolve problem, but in-flame them instead.

Cheers, LA.

https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Alliance/Alliance/1496

DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 17:47
Hey, LA.

Did someone speak to you in a threatening manner? Kill em all!

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 17:50
Do you know what else has real world benefits? Not ignoring people when they're politely trying to communicate with you because you think they're beneath you. Then acting all shocked when they force your attention.
Hexeris View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hexeris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 19:13
You know it seems you only want a "peaceful solution" when it suites you. Like when i was within 15sq of your cute little cluster. You were very polite in making sure i wasn't going to decimate you then. When you begged me to just leave. I tried playing nice with you before now. So now you'll get to see what its like to be on the receiving end of the bulling.
Regards your newest best-est friend
 Hex
Lost Avenger View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 23:58
I see you have found a narrative that suits your plans.

I am the big bad bully that needs to be contained by three alliances!

Yes. You are all the victims of my bullying. I don't know why you waited so long. It's almost like you've all waited at exaclty the right time. For some reason.

Just heresay and acusations. Interesting.

The narrative is genius. It will help bandy new players to the cause and they will take most of the casualties as usual.

No one likes a bully because we've all been bullied at some point in our lives.

And I'm the biggest baddest bully in all of Illyriad so therefore I need to be stopped by an even bigger badder bully!

I've seen it all before.

Cheers, LA

Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 01:54
Actually Lost A, you are exhibiting bully behavior. 

I sieged and captured a city from the inactive Coralblue account in Fairy within your "land claim" area from my account Eresh in fCrow. You didn't try to stop me. You knew I was sieging it because you mailed me during the siege and asked my intentions with the city. You were as polite as could be, telling me that you'd be nervous to have an fCrow and asked if I would please move it if I was keeping it. I told you I'd check the research and keep it if it was good, and if I kept it I'd be moving it to Clarien. You were grateful and gave me the sob story about being all alone and blah blah. When I captured it and realized the research sucked, I offered it to you first before razing it, to which you declined.  I razed it, done deal. Key point of this story: you were polite to a person in a scary alliance.

A few days later Hexeris in TA2IN sieged a city from that same inactive Coralblue within that same area within your land claim. He got basically the exact same communication from you. He also successfully captured the city and then razed it because the research sucked. You two communicated on the same respectful levels. Key point of this story: you were polite to a person in a scary alliance.

A couple days ago DKnyc sieged a city from that same inactive Coralblue within that same area within your land claim. He had setup a blockade in advance (it was there over a week in fact) while he gathered his cats and marched them there. You attacked and broke his siege when it landed, and proceeded to siege it yourself. Key point of this story: you saw an easy target of a small player in an alliance that didn't scare you and attacked it without provocation or warning. When DK tried to figure out wtf you did that for, you told him he was poaching on your property in your land claim. Uh? You don't own inactive accounts in other alliances. Even if by some idiotic expectations that you did own other people's accounts... why didn't you stop my siege? Or Hexeris's siege? Why did you only pick on the small guy?

When I private messaged you from my smaller Loki account last night, you replied immediately with a "what's up?". When I politely asked if you'd had a chance to read Wallis mail concerning you recalling and allowing DK to continue his siege on the town he reached first, you wouldn't respond. Why? Because you wanted it for yourself and weren't afraid of my little Loki alt. I was beneath you and therefore couldn't be dignified with a response. I tried a few more times to get you to respond, increasingly less civil and patient each time, but nope, you ignored me. So I told you I'd get a response one way or the other, and launched an attack to kill your siege, which I did. Funny, cuz I got a response after that ;)

A bully is someone that picks on weaker people because they can get away with it, and usually caves, ass kisses, or cowers to stronger people because they know they can't. You're a bully trying to pretend to be the victim.

You broke DK's siege, we broke your siege, we're even. If you break his next one, we'll break your next one. We can escalate or you can piss off back under the rock you came from.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 04:25
umm... to me, it seems that lost was behaving pragmatically, eresh. He didn't particularly want to go to war with a big alliance so chose to negotiate for the first 2 cases. For the third one, the player was smaller, less militarised and not in a war alliance so he chose to break the siege because it was easier than negotiating.

Also, whilst I agree that attacking small players is hardly fair, you characterise DKnyc as a 'small guy'. He has 6 cities which to my mind moves him well out of the range of small.

Finally, why is anyone who breaks a siege a bully?  To me, bullying implies a degree of repetition which is not shown here. If breaking sieges makes you a bully then I would like to point out that there are members of fCrow/Loki who have broken my sieges in the past on inactive players. Wouldn't it somewhat devalue the claim of bullying when it comes from an alliance containing bullies? Let's save bullying as a label for when it actually applies rather than because someone does something you don't like.
Hexeris View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hexeris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 05:32
So your just proving the point that dk is smaller there for lost a was assured the victory so he poached the city because he thought he wouldnt be contested. In that unto itself smells like a bully to me. But thats fine. He can whine and cry that hes the real victim here. But let me tell you, you aint heard nothing yet. This is going to be fun.
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 05:41
He's the one that brought up bullying Eowan. I was merely responding. Surely you have some poop or farts or something to talk about with the rest of gc?
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 06:26
Hex,
1) I mentioned that I had a siege on an inactive broken by an fCrow/Loki player, when that happened to me, the gap in sizes was probably similar to the gap between lost and dknyc. I wasn't in their land claim as the alliances have never had one meaning that there was even less reason for my siege to be broken. Would you say that this player was a bully?
2) You speak as if you and other members from fCrow/Ta2in/Loki might be on the verge of attacking Lost. Given that this started due to a small person being attacked by a large one, wouldn't it be hypocritical in the extreme to have such a biased confrontation as a result of defending the smaller party in the original case? 
3) What would you say the main difference is between picking your opponents so that you have a chance of winning against them and between bullying? To me the line seems somewhat blurred. And, if you could, please relate that to the way that various members in Ta2in have chosen semi-active accounts to siege recently. Some of them saw similar disparities in size yet not a single claim of bullying has been levelled on these forums that I have seen.

Eresh,
1) That last bit was aimed at both you and lost equally because I am bored of bully being wheeled out at the slightest provocation. I'd like to see some originality and accuracy when accusations are being thrown about.
2) If you think my enjoyment of talking in GC about various topics such as poop and farts should stop me from talking in the forums then I am afraid that you have your head placed in such a way that you would gain much more experience in that area than I could ever hope to acquire. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic