illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IllyCon?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 21:43
lol, stuk, I have sod all interest in playing illy again. There is no point. If I come back, I'll get noob ringed as soon as I speak in GC ( Fiona would spot me in an instant :P ) and the reason why I played illy and enjoyed it for the best part of 2 years was that I spoke in GC a lot and made friends.

Now, if I got a guarantee that I would not be noob ringed as soon as I got into chat, I probably would come back. There are a number of people I don't have via facebook or other external chats and it'd be good to talk to them again.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 22:30
We could consider bringing you back as a SIN prisoner of war. We've done this before with several other players.

Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 00:28
How would being a PoW work and should we move this a separate place? Feels like we are hijacking twist's thread.
Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 15:58
Illy Con 2018 is very much still in the planning stage and will be happening!!

I hope to be in a different house in the next few weeks, so will be able to offer greater help with free accommodation to those who can only attend on a very low budget... I should have enough room to have 4, maybe 5 people stay with me (free) Smile
There is also a few places locally, a hotel or 2, some bed & breakfast places... just in or near the town I live, and then other places further afield.

I think early to mid August might be the best time, especially to allow students to attend before they return or start college or university

Maybe the 2nd weekend of August 2018?

Still some time to go before then, so plenty of time to work on details.... if anyone finds that time impossible, let me know here or in game... it might not be perfect for some people, but if they can make it work, great... as other months might be impossible for a few folk

There are a lot of possible activities that could be included, for those that want them.... and of course folk can always avoid those and just travel around sightseeing or even just plant themselves in a local bar for the weekend lol

all ideas and suggestions on anything about IllyCon are more than welcome, and all will be considered Smile

Kimmyeo View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 16:17
If he is a POW can we come over and torture him a little? That would be great...AngryWink
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 16:31
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

lol, stuk, I have sod all interest in playing illy again. There is no point. If I come back, I'll get noob ringed as soon as I speak in GC ( Fiona would spot me in an instant :P ) and the reason why I played illy and enjoyed it for the best part of 2 years was that I spoke in GC a lot and made friends.

Now, if I got a guarantee that I would not be noob ringed as soon as I got into chat, I probably would come back. There are a number of people I don't have via facebook or other external chats and it'd be good to talk to them again.

Good news Eowan, you can chat in GC from the ring without any restrictions. 
Det View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Det Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 13:24
What a great idea. 

I'd be up for this. 

And I have family in N. Ireland that I can annoy while I'm there.

Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 14:41
how does the weekend of August Friday 17th - Sunday 19th (or the following weekend) next year sound? 
and it can either be held with my hometown as the base, which is centrally located in Northern Ireland, or on the North Coast, where I think many would like to spend most of their time while here.

The dates suggested might not be perfect for some people, but it would be impossible to get dates that would be ideal for every person interested...
the best we can do is find the time that suits most, and if others can attend even if it's not their preferred time of the year.

August means we would hopefully have some summer weather, although that could never be a certainty at any time.... it also means it's in the main holiday or vacation time of the year for UK folk, and maybe most americans too... and it's before students would return to college or university

If we hold it on the weekend mentioned above or the following weekend, anyone interested in attending a local soccer game, I can bring you to watch the club I've supported for 33 years :)

If we can get dates set, then anyone that wants to start looking into travel arrangements, and or accommodation, could use the set dates....
I'll be able to provide free accommodation for 4-6 people, preferably those who can only attend on a low budget.

some ideas for the long weekend,
a game of thrones location tour, either an official tour or hiring our own mini bus and doing our own tour...
a paintballing game or airsoft combat game...
a pizza challenge, and a couple of nights in local bar with live music...

on a more serious note, as well as the fun and games, a short memorial for Illy players that have passed away

more suggestions always welcome Smile
Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 16:14

Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 19:59
Those dates work for me! Let's do this!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic