illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pay to Win

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Sargon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 23:40
I still think for a free-to-play-player like me the prestige for ingame gold is really cheap, bought 2 scraps from a military minded player today and I feel I got more of it than the seller... As long as the direct military benefit (attack/defence bonus) stays as low as now I think we are decently balanced at least, if not even leaning towards the peaceful builders as Ten is suggesting.
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 00:18
I'm really small compared to much of Scarecrow (WRATH) and the average Centrum price for 2 scraps would last me less than a week with my current army upkeep - even less time with the taxes paid to Centrum. So really, it's not like we're supporting a billion troops for a few bucks a week. Players with properly built accounts, perma-sats, gold farms, etc. are gonna support way more troops than a prestige seller will, unless they're taking out a home mortgage to buy Illy gold.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 00:29
It is also worth understanding that using the prestige to build a gold-producing city will have a much more powerful long term effect than selling the prestige for gold.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Queen Bacet View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen Bacet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 14:27
I buy prestige but use on an army that kills NPC's so i can collect the stuff i kill i get satisfaction from the game that way. I dont intend on being into PVP or warmongering ive played other games like that and did not enjoy being beaten overnight when id spent so long in building up. This is why i chose to play illy as it seems like a game you can make friends have a chat and have a laugh playing. Those that come for the pvp are not here for that they are not interested in that but others ive met are. They are the type of player that want to build and stay and become invested in the game, either way, its a win-win for the game in the long run.
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 08:55
Just contributing.

Illy is the best when played without using prestige.

FOR Developers (this is topic where they are in)

If you permit a land claim, please mark those areas on the map. We are not all in the mood for negotiating with the conquerors.

Edited by Celebrant - 02 Oct 2017 at 08:58
Small Boy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Small Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 19:18
"Illy is best when played without using prestige."

Isn't that just your own opinion? I think everyone should play as they want to. 

And as for land claims, alliances have even coordinates listed on their alliance page.

Asking Devs to mark it is unfair because they do not and will not get involved in Illy politics. 

It is also lazy. Go check the coords on World Map.
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 19:30
Originally posted by Small Boy Small Boy wrote:

"Illy is best when played without using prestige."

Isn't that just your own opinion? I think everyone should play as they want to. 

And as for land claims, alliances have even coordinates listed on their alliance page.

Asking Devs to mark it is unfair because they do not and will not get involved in Illy politics. 

It is also lazy. Go check the coords on World Map.

Of course, it is my opinion.
I always writing my opinions.
I asked developers, if you read with understanding.
Are you one of them?

Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 19:50
I don't see why the devs should be responsible for marking landclaims. It is the players that claim and contest claims, and as such, it is up to the players to keep track of them. If you wandered into a claim by mistake, the claiming alliance is probably willing to assist you in moving out. If you do not wish to "negotiate" that is your own choice. You can talk, fight, or suffer in silence. But asking the devs to take responsibility for your choice is not reasonable. 
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 21:45
Originally posted by Grom Grom wrote:

I don't see why the devs should be responsible for marking landclaims. It is the players that claim and contest claims, and as such, it is up to the players to keep track of them. If you wandered into a claim by mistake, the claiming alliance is probably willing to assist you in moving out. If you do not wish to "negotiate" that is your own choice. You can talk, fight, or suffer in silence. But asking the devs to take responsibility for your choice is not reasonable. 

I didn't ask them for taking responsibility, I just asked them to mark claimed lands on World map, and in my opinion they should do it for their customers who are buying vans of Prestige.

Or they could add note on the Home page with:

This is free game, but you are not allowed to settle without permission of alliance leaders in "claimed lands",  even if you bought tons of Prestige.

Edited by Celebrant - 02 Oct 2017 at 21:46
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 00:28
Um, the way we see it is that there's three tiers of 'land claims'.

There's:

a) The land you actually occupy.  This is the ultimate land claim.  This is where your town is/towns are.

b) The land you claim sovereignty over.  This can be contested, fought over etc.

c) Other 'land claims', such as "Our alliance owns the continent of Elgea".  These claims have no game-mechanic-enforcability, but may be enforced by the players who make the claim.  That's entirely up to them to try to enforce.  To attempt to make an ingame mechanic that highlights, illuminates and/or semi-legitimises such claims would, of course, be entirely futile.

Best,

SC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic