illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Patrons & Sponsored Projects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Louis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Louis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patrons & Sponsored Projects
    Posted: 23 May 2017 at 21:56
Any thoughts from the Devs themselves...?
Derby View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 15:09
I have seen this done in a couple MMO games.  Not sure how it worked out for the improvement of the games - if there were issues in cost  versus donations received.  I do buy Prestige - generally use it to power build or speed vans when I need to do so.  But the other reason I buy monthly - is to support the game.  Not buying thousands of dollars - but just add a little to the Dev's kitty.  So if it would allow them to pursue enhancements to the game.  I think Sponsorship would be a good idea.  It is after all - voluntary.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 01:58
how far would it go though? one minute you are naming bridges and statues after people and the next you  could be selling the naming rights of whole regions!!
Think about it, there would be regions with names like the Rill Archipelago.... hey...wait... are we sure they aren't doing this now?
Wake up sheeple! It is happening around us already! *puts on tinfoil hat*

In all seriousness, this sounds like a great idea and I'd love to see it implemented :)

zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 01:43
I would be happy to hand over money to see development. Great thought! Thumbs Up
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 08:05
I wouldn't mind having a faction quest named after me. Something like, "The Quest for Hyrdmoth's Spear". I can see definite potential in this idea.

The obvious problem is the one that comes up on Kickstarter sometimes. What happens if the project turns out to be more difficult to deliver than anticipated?
John Louis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Louis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 19:47
Ok, this may be a bit radical as it involves real life money, but give it a chance.

I have played this game for many a year now and it really is great, but...it has the potential to be so much more.

I also pride myself in not paying a penny for this free game. Some may say I am therefore not truly supporting its development (which perhaps is true), however, this game sold itself to me by being a free game – and if you do want to want to spend money for ‘boosts’, then you can but in a very balanced way so that those that do not are largely unaffected.

Another type of loyalty to the game is rewarded by logging in to play regularly if not every day (and claim your daily prestige) as well as by referring the game to other players and sometimes even with prizes in tournaments.

In any event, the game has the potential to be so much more.

Ever since roads and ships were mentioned as possible additions to the game I have waited and waited and hoped that the idea would not fall by the wayside. I still hope with every update and with the increased player base that these additions will one day materialise.

I know there must be others out there who share my agonising wait, anguish and despair!!!

So, I suggest a new and radical possible game enhancement – Patrons and the sponsorship of projects:

Is there any way the Devs could indicate how much money from voluntarily donating players it would take to provide the funding necessary to amend/add to the game and make viable sponsored projects happen?

Patrons could even be acknowledged by being able to name their own roads or other discreet rewards (i.e. statues or bridges named after them) that give no in-game advantage.

Just a thought.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic