Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tournament Tile Randomization and Alliance Lockout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tournament Tile Randomization and Alliance Lockout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lost Avenger View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tournament Tile Randomization and Alliance Lockout
    Posted: 12 May 2017 at 02:34
Originally posted by jcx jcx wrote:

/me wonders what to do with his cavs. :(

he he. You could feed them to Audrey or send them at me again?

Actually, I am a bit low on defensive troops at the moment while I transform my account into food production for obtaining 30 cities. I shouldn't admit that but I'm an honest guy that's very trusting of other Illyriad players.

jcx View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 13:49
no more bloodshed! 

I think it would be better if npc's will start dropping rare weapons and group themselves into a cornucopias!

/me wonders what to do with his cavs. :(
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 16:09
Thanks!
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 15:59
Originally posted by Bobtron Bobtron wrote:

could we please get a map with all tourney squares marked + regions on it?

Added tourney squares to the faction sightings map at https://www.factionaction.dewt.me.uk/html/index2.html

Click the Tournament Squares option to have them displayed as big red circles. Hovering over them will give you the region name, coordinates, combat terrain and biome.
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 15:36
Thanks for changing the squares, TC.  It's very much appreciated.    Good luck to all those that play within the rules of the tourney. 
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 14:31
Repeating squares has been fixed
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 13:05
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

Originally posted by zolvon zolvon wrote:

I thought the tourney squares should have changed by now?
[00:21]<Kodabearhttps://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Tournaments <--- to find the new sqs

[972|-302] in Kul Tar ( Plains [Desert] )Eight Hand Crow [eCrow]
[972|-302] in Kul Tar ( Plains [Desert] )Eight Hand Crow [eCrow]

These sq show up twice on that page

it seems on the dev/illy Tournament Squares the sq show up again for each army on the sq. (ie if there is two it show up twice) ofc I don't have anything to back this up just a guess

Pamanyallpa shows up 12 times

Edited by kodabear - 01 Apr 2017 at 13:08
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 10:35
Originally posted by Steven Quincy Urpel Steven Quincy Urpel wrote:

I hate to admit but Stukkah's right. Maybe cap tournament sqrs for any given terrain type at 1.33 x total sqrs of that terrain type / total sqrs where combat can take place? Or something like that.
Originally posted by Stukahh Stukahh wrote:

41 plains tiles have been "randomly" selected.

Going forward I think the devs should cap a number of plains tiles.  Most defenders are hesitant to put large armies on plains.  As a result, it causes less competition.

Just my 2 cents

Here is the thread that this was debated on

imo C was the most balanced out of all of them  but D would have made things more fun 
Steven Quincy Urpel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Quincy Urpel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 07:17
I hate to admit but Stukkah's right. Maybe cap tournament sqrs for any given terrain type at 1.33 x total sqrs of that terrain type / total sqrs where combat can take place? Or something like that.
They call me MISTER Urp!
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 05:38
41 plains tiles have been "randomly" selected.

Going forward I think the devs should cap the amount of plains tiles.  Most defenders are hesitant to put large armies on plains.  As a result it causes  less competition.

Just my 2 cents
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic