Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warmongering in Illyriad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warmongering in Illyriad
    Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 16:02
Warmongering in Illyriad

Dedicated to the military and PvP aspects of Illyriad, a grand strategy MMORTS. If you want to learn top notch self-defense techniques or explore the excitement of PvP, then Warmongering in Illyriad is your destination!

Brought to you by The Phalanx [300].
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 16:03
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 20:45
I wasn't planning on writing a dust-cover book review today, but...

"This blog illuminates so many of the dark and dusty corners of combat mechanics that it can truly be described as essential reading for anyone even remotely interested in the military aspects of Illy."

There are issues and considerations in there that I wasn't personally aware of; and that's pretty astonishing.  ofc, I'll take that as evidence of great game design Wink

Well done, sir.  

SC
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 16:21
Wow, that's quite an endorsement. Thank you, GM Stormcrow.

I cannot take credit for everything on the site. Many people have taught me about Illyriad PvP over the years--a few as mentors, many as comrades, and some by rather competently trying to kill me. Tinkinator is particularly excellent at assembling and analyzing numbers (in addition to being a wicked siege planner, a proficient API user and a great web app developer). I have always enjoyed the Illyriad battle system as one where a few basic actions can combine into very complicated maneuvers by teamwork and terrain. Easy to learn, hard to master, with just enough crunch for technical players. Hopefully Warmongering in Illyriad can help to enlighten people on the finer points of PvP, particularly all the new players arriving from Steam (congrats on that, by the way!).
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 21:32
New article: Discipline Never Sleeps.

Learn the basics of proactive defense, and why it is superior to reactive defense.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 19:13
New Article: Reader Question: Defensive Sword Commanders.

A reader asks why I only pair t1 sword commanders with defending infantry.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 17:36
New Article: The Best Race for N00bs

Probably the only time you will ever hear Skint Jagblade describe orcs as second place.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 19:01
New Article: Thunderdome: Equinox Deathmatch

The spring equinox free-for-all combat event is announced for 20 March 2017. Gladiators can start moving to the Thunderdome arena to prepare for battle. Destruction and glory await!

New Article: Contest Submission: Design a City

My submission for the Design-a-City contest offered by GM Cerberus, focusing on military skins to camouflage towns and confuse PvP enemies.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 00:30
New Article: Yellow is the New Red

Observations on why Illyriad will see more neutral warfare in the future, and why the game is moving away from formal war declarations.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 02:00
New Article: Fact or Myth: Traders and Crafters

Are there really as many traders and crafters playing Illyriad as people would have you believe?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic