illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skinners and butchery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tremon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tremon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skinners and butchery
    Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 01:00
The description text for the Skinner's Guild building says:
Quote To recruit Skinners, go to the Train Trade Units icon at the top of the screen, or go to your Market and click on the Production tab.

However as I was told in GC, these units are not available until the Butchery research has been completed. Neither the Skinner's Guild research nor the building mention that Butchery is a required technology. It seems odd to me to be allowed to build a non-functional building in my town, so here's a couple of suggestions to improve the situation:
  • Please mention the Butchery research on the Skinner's Guild help text. As I've understood, this is an FAQ in GC so it'd help a lot of beginning players.
  • Allow generic cotters to harvest animal parts as soon as the Skinner's Guild is built. This would give some use to the building as soon as it's available.
  • Swap the position of Butchery and Skinner's Guild in the research tree. This way, the question becomes moot because Butchery has always been researched before the Skinner's Guild is built.

I haven't built the other harvesting guilds, but I'm assuming the same applies to the Herbalist's Guild and the Miner's Guild.

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 02:22
I support the idea of adding a sentence that clarifies that the Butchery research is needed in order to train skinners in the skinners guild help text. If it's possible, it might be useful to add a line in the marketplace trade production tab that appears when a skinners guild has been built but Butchery has not been researched that the Butchery research is necessary.  The equivalent sentences for Herbalists and Miners in their respective guilds and on the trade production screen would also be useful.

This is a question that comes up in global chat almost daily, so a clarification could help many people.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic