illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20DEC16 - Upcoming Steam Release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 02:12
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

How will this work with people who have two Illy accounts?  Any special things we need to know for alts?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well, thanks Rill! :)
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:33
Originally posted by Starry Starry wrote:

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

How will this work with people who have two Illy accounts?  Any special things we need to know for alts?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well, thanks Rill! :)

I am guessing that you will need to buy a steam illy for each account that you want to be able to play via steam which also means you will need two steam accounts and you wont be able to have them online at the same time since you cant be logged in with two steam on one PC even if you are able to connect two accounts with one steam you still wont be able to log into both at the same time via steam

Edited by kodabear - 22 Dec 2016 at 10:36
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 13:28
Thanks Koda, appreciate the reply.   That rules out Steam for me, then, I'm always on both at the same time.  
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 14:01
Originally posted by Starry Starry wrote:

Thanks Koda, appreciate the reply.   That rules out Steam for me, then, I'm always on both at the same time.  
We could connect two accounts to the same Steam account and offer a choice of account on start-up; but you could only ever be on one account via Steam at a time - so it isn't necessarily great for two accounts via Steam. 

Although achievement-wise we could take the highest reached between the two accounts. Some items recorded in Steam would fluctuate with account change, like city count, population etc (e.g. stats that go up and down).

However you could use one via Steam and one via regular browser. Once you have linked an account (or created) via Steam you can also use your Steam login via the browser (Steam as the login type)

Given those constraints, how would you like it to work?

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 22 Dec 2016 at 14:05
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 00:05
Hi all,

For a variety of reasons passing the understanding of we Earthlings, the Steam launch of Illyriad has been pushed back by a week to Wednesday the 11th of January at 1800 GMT.

Apologies for this.  Can't wait, though!

Best wishes, and hoping everyone's having a great run up to New Year.

SC
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 20:48
Dear Devs
I notice that the trade scores per the global rankings are calculated on the new steam friendly scoring system but that the illyriad growth scores show growth using the "old" system.  When will they be brought into agreement?  It should be possible to run an update query against the historical data in the growth db surely? Yours pedantically,
Dung

ps apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.
TanyaFairy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanyaFairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 01:50
i am about to purchase the steam account but i have not seen the option to link this to my current account, where in the process is this

TanyaFairy
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 02:23
Originally posted by TanyaFairy TanyaFairy wrote:

i am about to purchase the steam account but i have not seen the option to link this to my current account, where in the process is this

TanyaFairy

When you start the Steam client, it will show this screen and you choose the "Link Existing Account" button rather than the "Play Now" button.

It will then ask you for username and password for your current account; then link them.
TanyaFairy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanyaFairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 02:39
oh so after you make the purchase...on steam

Edited by TanyaFairy - 12 Jan 2017 at 02:40
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 03:23
Yes, after you launch the game from Steam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic