illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

T2 messengers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T2 messengers
    Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 15:18
I have an idea, every other unit has a t1 and t2 unit, the t2 for messengers would be used as defense, where if you have messengers in a city they can defend against enemy messengers within a certain radius of the city 5. IE 5 squares away from a city if it is an alliance at war with yours or tied to the level of your consulate or the distance for foreign office, So if you are in a cluster of your cities with a foreign office enemy messengers will not automatically work and could be countered and keep the enemy troops in position.  This would make timing for offensive attacks much more difficult. I just don't think that messengers in a siege or blockade should be automatic, if the defense is good it should have a way to keep those troops in place to destroy them, and not be totally at the mercy of something that cannot be blocked. 

Edited by demdigs - 11 Dec 2016 at 15:26
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 21:37
Similar on offense it would be nice of the T2 could issue a new order instead of just back to town.  
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 01:43
I always thought a messenger that could recall troops (or vans or harvesters) that are on the move to bring them back home would be nice.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 08:35
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

I always thought a messenger that could recall troops (or vans or harvesters) that are on the move to bring them back home would be nice.

That would be nice.
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 19:06
Wartow I like that Idea .. messengers that catch them in route also would be great .. when you send  cotters on a 15 day hike. LOL 

If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 00:28
Oh how about a spell.  You communicate with them via your mind!  
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 04:19
could we have a messenger tell them to lay off the rat hearts and start picking up the charger scales?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 06:14
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

could we have a messenger tell them to lay off the rat hearts and start picking up the charger scales?

Those rat hearts are an vital ingredient in a great many delicous recipes without which our soldiers would not be as willing or able to do battle on our behalf. I say leave the charger scales and get the hearts!
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 08:21
mmh! nice ideas, there:

somehow, I feel devs laid ahead a path for:

• interception/collision of moving units
  • more schools of magic
  • quests/discoveries of more flavours
  • fruit/berries items
  • mobile relationships with factions

Pick your choice for New Year's Vows?

Edited by Hopper - 14 Dec 2016 at 08:23
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic