illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Factions Raise Inactives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Factions Raise Inactives
    Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 21:29
After the time arrives for an account to hit its limit for inactivity the cities of the account current go, I believe the technical term is, "poof" and disappear from the game.  At one time there was a website that tracked the "inactive" players, and this was diplo-goodness, but that particular resource is no more and I don't believe it has been replicated in any of the existing plug-in tools for the game.

What if local factions were to seize and raise towns of the expired (and abandoned) accounts?  This way the entire GC would see when this is occurring and could potentially respond by fending off the factions to either diplo the city or take it for their own.  Of course the alliance of the previous player may also have a say in what happens to the city and fortunes of their former player.  This could add another dimension of interaction and tension in the game that currently appears to be in a serious lull at this time.

Please feel free to comment and recommend improvements!

Wartow
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 23:16
Dilly Tools has a tool to show inactives which will also calculate the distance to a set of user supplied coords. If people want an in-game one let me know and I'll try to get one done (internet problems).
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 00:06
Tensmoor,

Does your website only show those towns in abandon status?  What about accounts that haven't signed into the game in the past 20, 30, 40 days?

Wartow
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 02:20
It's not mine Wartow, it's done by Digioso. As far as I know it only shows accounts that are marked by the system as abandoned. It gets the data from the datafiles and as far as I know there is no way to get the last login date from them. If you know of a place to get that I'd be happy to have a go at creating something to do it.

Edited by Tensmoor - 11 Dec 2016 at 02:22
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 01:45
Tensmoor,

I think it was Albatross (http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/teaser-illyriad-helper_topic5766.html) that had the feature on his now defunct page.  I'm not sure where he got the data.  We can see a last login time on an alliance profile for players/members but I don't know whether it is available elsewhere.

Wartow

Edited by Wartow - 12 Dec 2016 at 01:50
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 00:21
are we suggesting that factions raze the towns?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 08:32
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Tensmoor,

I think it was Albatross (http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/teaser-illyriad-helper_topic5766.html) that had the feature on his now defunct page.  I'm not sure where he got the data.  We can see a last login time on an alliance profile for players/members but I don't know whether it is available elsewhere.

Wartow

I've had a quick look at the datafiles and can't see anything in there to show last login. I could go the opposite way and look for signs of activity such as changes in town populations, activity in GC etc but that is fraught with dangers...what of those with fully developed towns who don't use GC? I'm going to continue thinking about this but in the meantime I'll start on an in-game version of the abandoned town list.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic