illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

res for new players only

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 19:43
we used to have extra accounts to produce resources. then we revised the sitting rules.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 20:02
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

we used to have extra accounts to produce resources. then we revised the sitting rules.

Which in turn has caused a healthy rebound in market prices for commodities. I think the game has gained more than it lost by enforcing the sitter time limit. If we have a few less caravans around to supply new players, so be it.
Batmap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 08:44
How about instead, just make a new city (new players' 1st city) start with all level 12 buildings. Alleviate the inane and boring micromanaging aspect of the game.

If that is not far enough, towns created via setters would scale similarly. So, for example:
2nd Town (settlers): all the resource and basic building plots start at level 11
3rd Town (settlers): all the resource and basic building plots start at level 10
4th Town (settlers): all the resource and basic building plots start at level 9
5th Town (settlers): all the resource and basic building plots start at level 8
6th Town (settlers): all the resource and basic building plots start at level 7
7th Town (settlers): all the resource and basic building plots start at level 6
8th Town (settlers): all the resource and basic building plots start at level 5
9th Town (settlers): all the resource and basic building plots start at level 4
10th Town (settlers): all the resource and basic building plots start at level 3
...et al

Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 19:16
I heard in GC today (who said it still eludes me, but it was a great idea), that King Sigurd could visit more often under the Rainbow providing (computerly<-- new word) in relation to the growth of said newbie basic resources 

--- Leave it to the game to retain players first, THEN introduce themselves into GC for larger care-a-vans ... and requested information... I personally think a LOT is lost when its still a hour old newbie to a few days. 

Gives them time to RESEARCH on their own (read) how the game is growth and time to really get an understanding. imho

Edited by Diva - 10 Feb 2017 at 19:18
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Silea View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 01:15
I more or less agree with Diva on this why not have King S visit one or two more times During rainbow?  Also the feeding of newbs is a good thing it helps retain more if they are driven into gc to even ask "what do i do to increase my resource output?"  and we all start engaging them in convo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic