FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tournament square

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 03:06
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Every six months is probably often enough, although I wouldn't mind seeing it happen a little more often, such as every three months.  That might encourage multiple different players or alliances to sponsor tournaments.  I guess it depends on 1) how hard it is to generate new tournament squares and 2) whether anyone can think of a downside to having it happen every three months.
Once the code is written (which really won't take long to do), it could run hourly for all the server cares!

My only slight concern is that I'm mindful of those players who wish to create a temporary base around a tournament square.  I've always slightly thought that people who are willing to forego all the potential benefits of picking the perfect city location (for sov etc) and/or (with moving tournament squares) exodus a city in favour of a temporary advantage over tournament location should be commended for their dedication.

If that's not particularly an issue between choosing either 6 months or 3 months, then I'd personally pick 3.

Best,

SC

I think 3 months better then 6 month. either way works for me. as far as people who like moving near Tournament sqs i would like them to post there idea here if they truly care about it.  Thank you for looking into this for us. I do have a large question. for my last Tournament you guys made it where you cant leave your alliance if you have troops on the Tournament sqs will you guys do that again when i run my next one even though the sqs have changed? 
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 04:57
Any news on this?
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 03:21
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

Any news on this?
Hey Koda,

3 month rotation, random within each region, is going to happen.

As to the first rotation start date; rather up-to-you tbh.  If you're not far away from running another player  tournament, then let me know whether eg 01JAN or 01FEB suits best as the start date for the rotation.

Best,

SC
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 03:23
Oh, and:

...for my last Tournament you guys made it where you cant leave your alliance if you have troops on the Tournament sqs will you guys do that again when i run my next one even though the sqs have changed? 
Yes, the ban on leaving/kicking alliances will carry through with the square rotation.

Best,

SC
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 03:37
Thanks SC! That's great news!  Going to make tournaments fun in the future.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 02:11
any news on this?
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 20:31
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Any news on this?
Hey Koda,

3 month rotation, random within each region, is going to happen.

As to the first rotation start date; rather up-to-you tbh.  If you're not far away from running another player  tournament, then let me know whether eg 01JAN or 01FEB suits best as the start date for the rotation.

Best,

SC
Doesn't matter to me. my start date is right when the sq change.  during the next sq change. (may or apr
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 19:32
I suggest that squares change when the seasons change:  Dec 1, March 1, June 1, September 1.  That will make it easy for people to remember as it will track with an existing game mechanic.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 19:38
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I suggest that squares change when the seasons change:  Dec 1, March 1, June 1, September 1.  That will make it easy for people to remember as it will track with an existing game mechanic.

This would mess up my plans for the next Tournament
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 19:50
I planned to start my Tournament the 2nd of May or April. (i need one day to change the sqs in the database) and I will also be doing the Tournament during the second time the sq change which by doing it by the season will mean June which will run into my holiday plans and many others so I won't start it then. which will push the Tournament to next march as I can't run it in Dec too. for the same reason i cant run it in June.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic