illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my next Tournament plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 07:02

1) How long the Tournament should be? Anything up to a month

2) How long should the notice be? Less the better, a week is plenty. I'd prefer 24hrs
(keep in mind I still have to collect the API keys. This time around I will be having the alliance leaders gather the API key and send them to me.)

3) will people still be willing to take part if there aren't any prizes? Yes

4) when should I do the snapshot of the Alliance for handing out awards? At the start
(in my last Tournament  I did rewards based on what alliance the person was in at the end of the Tournament so alliance switching wouldn't cause any problem when I went to hand out prizes and sent the devs the player ID list for medals)

5) I will be using the combat API key for my next Tournament because the combat API key has better stats, and I already have code for it but will this turn anyone way from taking part in the Tournament? No

edit spelling and grammar 
[/QUOTE]
Small Boy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Small Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 07:45
1. Three weeks is good.
2. Two days / Max of 5 days
3. Yes, I know a lot of alliances who would fight for fun / regional pride. But maybe regional winners' medals with some simple design, instead of overall, would make sense.
4. Last day of the tourney, so you award players based on where they finally end up.
5. Combat API is way more awesome. Please do it. The stats you gave for NF tourney were amazing.
Sargon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 08:10
1) 3 weeks

2) A few days (less incentive for exodusing for tourney) up to a week

3) yes

4) Isn´t at the beginning AND the end possible, and only everyone in at both times gets rewards?

5) The normal key gives us way more interesting stats!
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 15:31
1) How long the Tournament should be? 3-4 weeks

2) How long should the notice be? gathering API key information, I would say 1 week
(keep in mind I still have to collect the API keys. This time around I will be having the alliance leaders gather the API key and send them to me.)

3) will people still be willing to take part if there aren't any prizes? yes, if people really want prizes they could petition their own alliance to give prizes.

4) when should I do the snapshot of the Alliance for handing out awards? once you start the tournament or at the end works.  Both is to much of a hassle.  But given the week notice, players should have the chance to jump to whatever alliance they plan to tourney in.
(in my last Tournament  I did rewards based on what alliance the person was in at the end of the Tournament so alliance switching wouldn't cause any problem when I went to hand out prizes and sent the devs the player ID list for medals)

5) I will be using the combat API key for my next Tournament because the combat API key has better stats, and I already have code for it but will this turn anyone way from taking part in the Tournament? that will not deter WoT or HotH
Lord Stanley View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 02:55
1) How long the Tournament should be?
3wks

2) How long should the notice be?
2-3wks

3) will people still be willing to take part if there aren't any prizes?
Yes. I think so

4) when should I do the snapshot of the Alliance for handing out awards?
Beginning of tourney

5) I will be using the combat API key for my next Tournament because the combat API key has better stats, and I already have code for it but will this turn anyone way from taking part in the Tournament?
Not for me.
renthefinn View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renthefinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 04:26
1) How long the Tournament should be?
3 to 4 weeks

2) How long should the notice be?
2 to 4 weeks

3) will people still be willing to take part if there aren't any prizes?
Definitely, I will send you prizes if you get one going!

4) when should I do the snapshot of the Alliance for handing out awards?
Beginning

5) I will be using the combat API key for my next Tournament because the combat API key has better stats, and I already have code for it but will this turn anyone way from taking part in the Tournament?
Won't make a difference to me...
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 07:37
1) 3-4 weeks

2) 1-2 weeks

3) Yep, not a problem

4) Beginning

5) I'm happy to send my API key
Meanolgranpa View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meanolgranpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 22:20
  1. Three weeks
  2. Seventy two hours
  3. Yes
  4. Start
  5. No
Grumpy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 23:08

1) 2 weeks

2)  1 week

3) yes - obvious who will win, taking part is fun and needs reward/medal

4) should be in guild for entire tournement to count for a medal/prize

5) dont know what it means - combat API. not sure I am bothered by technical reqts. do what is needed
Benedetti View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benedetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 02:11
1) 2-4 weeks. 4 weeks was rather long so definitely not longer
2) couple of days at least
3) sure. I want to have fun and learn
4) end
5) I'm not sure yet, but I think i probably won't mind.

I'm really surprized at the people promoting short announcement and Alliance snapshot at the start. You're essentially OK with leaving out all people who were not online in the time between announcement and start, or needed more time to arrange things, and with people loosing interest during the tournament (either because their alliance has secured a regional win or because their alliance isn't participating as expected). And all that because you're worried that "some alliances" might do what "some alliances" did last tournament? lol
I'd like to take part in a tournament that is set up to include as many participants as possible, and I couldn't care less about the non-prices.

Side-note: I wonder about a tournament with an un-known end-date. That would make it unclear when a regional win was certain, and take at least some of the dealing away?

Edited by Benedetti - 13 Oct 2016 at 02:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic