illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Broadband Monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broadband Monitor
    Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 13:45
I've been experiencing problems with my broadband and wanted some way of being able to automate tests of my connection speed and record the results for use in explaining to my ISP that there is a problem. In addition it had to be free (I'm a tight-fisted old git) I spent a fair amount of time searching for something that would meet my needs and was just about to give up when I came across this...

While it is only set up for use in the UK I believe it may be possible to modify the setup so it will work elsewhere as well.

http://www.gmwsoftware.co.uk/

Tens

Lost Avenger View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 04:22
Hi Tens,

I use a firewall device called IPcop. It records up and down time plus averages over time. It's very handy to track internet problems. I also log into my broadband modem and check the connection logs.

Cheers, LA.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic